CB Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yah from what i remeber that piece would be in the way. i'll have to go check it out. wait a tic. is that on the bed rail or am i not seeing it right?

it was on the bed rail in the first pic, then on the second pic it is moved inside of the bed rail on the front wall of the bed.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be sure whichever antenna you use, that its grounded properly. If not your reception/transmimssion will be piss poor.

Also use at least 12' of coax, rolling up the excess and tucking it away for minimun signal loss.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure whichever antenna you use, that its grounded properly. If not your reception/transmimssion will be piss poor.

Also use at least 12' of coax, rolling up the excess and tucking it away for minimun signal loss.

what exactly do you mean grounded properly? my cable runs straight from my cb to my antenna, and I don't think it's grounded.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i would say wherever you mount it, it needs to be grounded... dont know about cb's much, but i would say the ground from the antenna is wired to its base, so that needs grounded well..

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would say wherever you mount it, it needs to be grounded... dont know about cb's much, but i would say the ground from the antenna is wired to its base, so that needs grounded well..

ok, so i dont want to sound like a retard, but i am a visual learner, i need to see it done to do it.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to ground mine i just put a ring connector on some wire and put that end on the bolt that holds my mount on my toolbox, then i ran that wire down to the frame and put a ring connector on a bolt through a hole in the frame

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to ground mine i just put a ring connector on some wire and put that end on the bolt that holds my mount on my toolbox, then i ran that wire down to the frame and put a ring connector on a bolt through a hole in the frame

can you take a pic of that for me?

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't have to be that excessive, Depending on the mount, there will be a plastic ring that seperates different parts of the mount from touching the body.

I wish I could show you, but its hard to since nothing I drive has a CB anymore.
Just don't let the mount short itself out on a body panel

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol i had a big ass anetenna it was a 8 foot whip anatenne i loved it hitting every thing and i hooked it up to my radio to i got every channel around me i will trying to find my pictures