CB Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the best way to install one? Also, how about running the antenna, I dont want some huge, hokey looking thing. Would it be possible to get a 3 footer and it install it similar to the way the stock antenna is placed?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got a 12v plug and wired up the cb to that. with my antenna it is mounted on the forward edge of the bed, but i also don't have an suv.

with yours, i would mount it either on the back bumper, there is a way to mount it on the front fender so the bracket sticks up between the fender and the hood.

OR

you could mount it on your roof racks in a way that it slants back at like a 45* angle?

creek rat

Reaction score
they make hood brackets, similar if not the same to what police use (at least in my area) i have seen them on ebay and other places for a few bucks

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i've had a 40 ch Cobra sitting in my shop for a year now. bought the antennas for them but i can't stand the look of 2 3' whips on my box. and i wouldn't be able to use my cover anymore. what are these hood mounts you speak of?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've had a 40 ch Cobra sitting in my shop for a year now. bought the antennas for them but i can't stand the look of 2 3' whips on my box. and i wouldn't be able to use my cover anymore. what are these hood mounts you speak of?

Do you have a hard cover or a soft cover? I have my bracked mounted under the frame of my soft cover.
http://www.premiere-electronics.net/store/antennamounts.html
http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_antennamounts-coax-kits.htm

they have some hood/truck mounting brackets, some bed hole mounting backets. I just used a 1/16" thick piece of flat steel that I drilled for the antenna and for the bed, but that's just how I roll.....

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
Do you have a hard cover or a soft cover? I have my bracked mounted under the frame of my soft cover.
http://www.premiere-electronics.net/store/antennamounts.html
http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_antennamounts-coax-kits.htm

they have some hood/truck mounting brackets, some bed hole mounting backets. I just used a 1/16" thick piece of flat steel that I drilled for the antenna and for the bed, but that's just how I roll.....

i have a soft cover. have any pics of your setup?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have great photos, but on this one I had it on the bed rail itself:
You must be registered for see images attach

and when I put my tonneau on, I moved it inside onto the front rail of the bed...
You must be registered for see images attach

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
yah from what i remeber that piece would be in the way. i'll have to go check it out. wait a tic. is that on the bed rail or am i not seeing it right?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on the 92 i have them mounted almost where greg's is, it might be the same spot i cant tell. its bolted right through the front of the bed where the steel is flat under the rail. they come up in between the back of the cab and the bed. the only down side is when they catch somthing they hit the cab and bed and make alot of noise, so i put some rubber hose around them where they hit the bed and it helps a little. there are two but neither is a poser antenna, one on the pass side is hooked to the radio ( awesome signal! ) and the other is for the cb, but the cb is broke so i guess its posing right now lol.