CB Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
ok, found a noise filter, 2 3' firestik firefly antennas, the cb itself now the coax cable needs to be 18' with one PL-259 connector for the cb, but is it a fire ring connector, another PL-259 connector or the terminals on the other end?
http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_firestik-coax.html

Mines 259 to 259, I don't know what that ring terminal would do?

And You may not need a noise filter, just hook up what you got first.

Do you have mounting brackets for the antenna or did you decide to mount them on the bumper?

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
In this pic, just above the wiring coming through the stake pocket is my old cb mount. But if you're doing the bumper mount, you won't need them.

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
not doing the bumper mount. Probably something like SS24A 4th from top

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot you lifted your truck. Yeah, even my stock 2wd cuts some doors close with 3 foot antennas

That's weird. My '95 had a 3 inch body lift, 35 inch tires, and was leveled out. I had dual 4' Firestiks and they never hit drive thrus, or some parking garages. The antennas would hit bringing it in to the wash bays where I work but I'd normally take them off.

Yes, those are Christmas lights on my antennas lol.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
4th one down on this page is the same one in my bed, costs $6.00 cheaper than that last one you posted
Thanks for the link!
http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_antennamounts-brackets-page2.htm

That's weird. My '95 had a 3 inch body lift, 35 inch tires, and was leveled out. I had dual 4' Firestiks and they never hit drive thrus, or some parking garages. The antennas would hit bringing it in to the wash bays where I work but I'd normally take them off.

Yes, those are Christmas lights on my antennas lol.
Like I said, I'd rather have the quick disconnects and not need them than to need them and not have them. I loved that truck by the way

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Firesticks are very flexible. The quick disconnect will add to your overall height to. I had 4' on mine mounted on the rack an rarely did they hit anything. Yes I avoided parking garages but that's a given with a lifted truck. Mine were just shy of 9' from the ground to the antenna. If you think you'll need to take them off just keep a 3/8 wrench in the truck. Once you break them lose your can unscrew them by hand.

If they scrape in a drive thru who cares. There were a few mine would barely catch but it never hurt a thing.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
okay so I found out I may be (I am) getting a Cobra 25 LTD classic CB radio for Christmas. I want to do a clean installation so I thought, why not build a box that could sit between the dash and the console. I'll need to take measurements and everything like that. Just wondering if anyone has anything like this. Pictures are helpful too :)