CB Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So I want to put a cb radio in my truck. I found a Cobra 29 LTD Classic radio. Since I don't know much about cb's so I don't know if this is a decent unit or not. I think I want to run 2 4' firestiks on the bed. I want one of those folding mounts like Great white has on his. I heard that an 18' coax is the way to go. Any help or advice you can offer on what all I need, how to get it all set up, what you use and how it works would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
If you put on two antennas, one won't be used - it'll just be there for looks.
The ideal mounting spot would be center of the truck, hole in the roof (or magnetic mount) - near your 3rd brake light or mounted center of bed wall - near back window
I have a 102" whip mounted on the left side of my rear bumper, not the optimum spot but I don't care - that's where I wanted it haha

I seldom use mine except for wheelin, I mostly f_ck with the PA lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah I knew about the whole "one antennae" and that the center of the roof is ideal but behind the cab is where I want them haha. What cb do you have?

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I'm running a Cobra 19dx iv

You must be registered for see images attach

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everyone likes the Cobra 29 so it's probably good... I despise the things, I have a Bearcat 880 which is a much nicer radio IMO. I've never gotten a Firestik to actually work like they're supposed to so I gave up on them and went with a PCTel base load whip antenna. I mounted directly across from the AM/FM so you really don't even notice it.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I also have a Cobra 29LX but I want to build a console for it, it looks like this (also it's been tuned and peaked professionally)

You must be registered for see images attach

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Everyone likes the Cobra 29 so it's probably good... I despise the things, I have a Bearcat 880 which is a much nicer radio IMO. I've never gotten a Firestik to actually work like they're supposed to so I gave up on them and went with a PCTel base load whip antenna. I mounted directly across from the AM/FM so you really don't even notice it.

Bearcat 880 - those are nice, I like the digital read out's

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've been watching some videos on youtube and a lot of people run the cobra 29's and say they're great. As far as the antennae goes, I dunno what I'll do then. I want the folding mount so when I'm not using them I can just fold them down and out of sight.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been watching some videos on youtube and a lot of people run the cobra 29's and say they're great. As far as the antennae goes, I dunno what I'll do then. I want the folding mount so when I'm not using them I can just fold them down and out of sight.

You can buy quick detach mounts, that's what I would do.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Let's see......haha

I had two antennas at the rear bed corners
then only one in the bed corner
then up front center of bed
then in the rear bumper right side
now in the rear bumper left side

:beatdeadhorse5: