Cat eye front end conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've been trying to decide what to do with the front end of my truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then today I saw this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone on here done this conversion? If so how hard is it to do or is it pretty much bolt on if I buy the whole doghouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have read a bit on it in the past. It is far from a bolt on and it requires a truly skilled bodyman to get it right.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Generally these kinds of swaps look tacked-on. Someone spent a lot of time and effort on that one, especially note where the 03-07 fender has the 88-98 lower body line. That's stitching the two fenders together. It appears to be missing the upper body line, though, which is sore-thumbish IMO.

The cowl area looks weird, possibly hand made, notice the slots in it for the hood hinge to clear and no slats for fresh air intake for the HVAC.

They did a nice job on this one but still far from covering all the bases. I'd say if you want that front end...buy that generation of truck. It'll look right, cost less, and then you already have the other goodies like LS engine and such. :gr_grin: Of course I could be biased, since I finally fell off the GMT400 wagon and bought something that came with an LQ9 to start with instead of doing a swap.

Richard

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My biggest pet peeve with these cross-generational swaps is the wheel openings. That black truck is soooo close to being pretty sweet. You can tell they spent time trying to get it right, but in the end they missed on one glaring detail...the wheel openings don't match front-to-rear. That ruins the whole deal for me.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The vehicle posted is what I would one of the lesser well done swaps. It's very body work intensive to make it turn out right.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only gmt400 I like With the newer front ends would be the 2dr tahoes. But like 1badgmc said fenders need to match front to back. I agree with someotherguy if you like that front end just get a newer truck. Imo.