99 - 02 front clip conversion ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamonRdzS

Reaction score
Stupid question, just trowing it out there. Anyone know if there's a way to put a front flip of a 99 to 02 Sierra on an OBS Sierra ?
I know there's a way to swap a GMC Yukon Denali/Cadillac Escalade front clip onto an OBS but finding that front clip is harder.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, just trowing it out there. Anyone know if there's a way to put a front flip of a 99 to 02 Sierra on an OBS Sierra ?
I know there's a way to swap a GMC Yukon Denali/Cadillac Escalade front clip onto an OBS but finding that front clip is harder.
99-00 Esky/Denali clip is a bolt on deal. NBS front end will require surgery to graft. Find a blown up Escalade or Denali, they're out there.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a escalade front clip on marketplace near me for $800 and I'm thinking about going for it, its really just a bolt on?
Yes. Fenders, hood, grille, bumper and lights are what you need. Gotta do it all, can't mix and match.
03+ GMC front bumper will work instead of the Esky/Denali one if you prefer.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. Fenders, hood, grille, bumper and lights are what you need. Gotta do it all, can't mix and match.
03+ GMC front bumper will work instead of the Esky/Denali one if you prefer.
All and that means ALL all. Bumper brackets, reinforcement bar, foam pad, grille center support bracket, etc. etc.

If you get a boneyard clip off an actual Escalade or Denali of course it will have the fender cladding, which your doors, cab, bed will not have. If you remove it you'll have holes to fill.

If you get the aftermarket clip they generally do not have holes or cladding, but another gotcha I've noticed is (at least on the one I got) there weren't tabs in the fenders for the corner pieces of the cowl plastics to attach. Had to add 'em in.

It's a simple 1 day job to swap the clips though. A 1999-2000 Escalade/Denali is nothing more than a dressed-up gmt400 Tahoe.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard