Can this be fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well maybe this can motivate you. Dad got her in oct of 97. Went all over the southern states with it. Got it in high school with 320-350k miles on it. Went to prom, many dates, and eventually got married. This was my (limo). Drove my wife to the hospital and brought my son from the hospital. Got in an accident at 472k. Got her repaired by myself for the most part. Now shes getting a motor swap:). Keep your head up...you can fix anything like the others said. Just depends on your budget and see how much you can do your self. Good luck

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well maybe this can motivate you. Dad got her in oct of 97. Went all over the southern states with it. Got it in high school with 320-350k miles on it. Went to prom, many dates, and eventually got married. This was my (limo). Drove my wife to the hospital and brought my son from the hospital. Got in an accident at 472k. Got her repaired by myself for the most part. Now shes getting a motor swap:). Keep your head up...you can fix anything like the others said. Just depends on your budget and see how much you can do your self. Good luck

Almost a half a million miles. That why I love a GMT 400. Im at 255,000 on my 97 3 door, Silverado. I have had mine for 19 years. Bought it used in 2002 with 85,000 miles on the clock.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost a half a million miles. That why I love a GMT 400. Im at 255,000 on my 97 3 door, Silverado. I have had mine for 19 years. Bought it used in 2002 with 85,000 miles on the clock.

Yours will hit it. Like anything else it's how you take care of it. Cant believe some people on here have 474k plus original miles:boti:

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before you go cutting and welding I would take very detailed pics a d go see a good body shop. You would be amazed at the amount of metal work some shops are able to repair without cutting out whole sections of the cab. this is basically free. It will at least give yiu a idea of the issue from a point of view of a guy who does it all the time.

I had a good friend who was a body guy. Had a shop. I’ve seen some cars go in and they looked horrible. And he woild say it’s not that bad. To the untrained eye it’s horrible. To a guy who does it all the time he can tell you what’s horrible

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From a bodyman's perspective.... There are several pieces of metal coming together to make up that boxed cowl section and when done the glass has to seal.

What I'm seeing. The dashboard is knocked down. It is going to need to be removed to really even do a damage assessment to see how far the damage goes. Bent dash frame , duct work etc.

If it was mine I would probably do a few pulls on it before I decided to scrap the cab. If you get on the right places with tack-n-pulls or some other method you'd be surprised what you can walk out.