Can they turn any better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Super easy and quick, wouldn't donit this way without LEDS tho. Could become an issue with wiring with the amperage the halogens draw. I like the fact if relay fails or u need to take 4hi mod off for some reason, u can pull relay and headlights function like factory again no need to splice wires or unhook wiring.

Yeah, I did HID lows in my 1500 but used the low beam wire to actuate the relay. In order to prevent the low beam circuit from backfeeding the high beams when highs were off, I needed to use a diode. The HIDs didn't like the factory wiring. So basically the factory low beam wire and a wire tapped off the factory high beam side share terminal 85. This way is much simpler since it keeps the factory wiring which as you pointed out is enough for LEDs.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I did HID lows in my 1500 but used the low beam wire to actuate the relay. In order to prevent the low beam circuit from backfeeding the high beams when highs were off, I needed to use a diode. The HIDs didn't like the factory wiring. So basically the factory low beam wire and a wire tapped off the factory high beam side share terminal 85. This way is much simpler since it keeps the factory wiring which as you pointed out is enough for LEDs.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of HID, imho they aren't as bright, then the lag time and then they r finicky on voltage and my stereo pulls over 900amps so I'm stingy with voltage lol.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Is the gmt800 steering gear a direct swap?
I completely missed this post. It is if you improvise a steering shaft solution. Mine is a WJ Jeep shaft with a minor dremel modification to fit a short adapter made of 3/4 DD shaft at the column end. This puts the wheel 90 degrees off so a new key spline needs to be cut. I posted about it in my build thread.