Can I lower my seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
yeah I would do that on maybe one leg or something but not on the whole bracket. these things gotta be strong mayne
sent from the eskanalierra lol

I'm aware they need to be strong..
I can't see it being weakened much unless you used inadequate hardware.. Drill a big hole, use a big bolt, big washers, big nut..
Anyways, it was a suggestion in regards to the lack of a welder. If you don't feel it is safe, simply don't do it.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I'm aware they need to be strong..
I can't see it being weakened much unless you used inadequate hardware.. Drill a big hole, use a big bolt, big washers, big nut..
Anyways, it was a suggestion in regards to the lack of a welder. If you don't feel it is safe, simply don't do it.

sorry man... I didn't mean to come off as being pissy about it. I'm not against that idea but most people don't think good quality hardware. they will just stick what ever nuts and bolts they have lying around in there lol.... sorry again if I sounded like an ass, I should've explained
myself :cheers:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
sorry man... I didn't mean to come off as being pissy about it. I'm not against that idea but most people don't think good quality hardware. they will just stick what ever nuts and bolts they have lying around in there lol.... sorry again if I sounded like an ass, I should've explained
myself :cheers:

Oh hell nothing to worry about buddy. You have extremely valid points, voice your opinion & your knowledge as much as you can.
I agree 100% they need to be STRONG, your also right about people throwing whatever nuts and bolts in there that they can.. not a good practice, makes it a pain to work on things too.
Sure it isn't the optimal way of going about it, but most people I know don't have a welder.

Also - NO I Haven't cut down my seat brackets and bolted them together so I do not know how strong they would be..
Nor do I know if you and your seat will be going through the window or not if you get in an accident..

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some reason today they felt better. I think I may be getting used to them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4