Can I lower my seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, I just swapped my bench over to buckets on my 95 rclb. I like them a lot but the drivers seat sits a tad high for my liking. I'm 6'7" so I need it as low as possible. The stock bench was alright in height (I used the same mount) so I assume its just the seat that's thicker. How can I lower it down. Even an inch is good. I'm open to anything. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats the only way I could think of as well. I don't have a welder at home but I could get them welded. I was hoping that would be the last resort.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd do it for you but that's a bit of a drive...

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Thats the only way I could think of as well. I don't have a welder at home but I could get them welded. I was hoping that would be the last resort.

Maybe modify low back buckets from a car? If you could fit 05 grand prix gtp seats, they are comfy as ****!

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If need be my father has a welder at work so I can use that. I was just looking for another way. But thinking about it more I may just see if I can get used to it. My head doesn't hit the roof so its just me not being used to it. If it ends up meaning I can't stand it I may need to cut and weld them.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to take out the passenger seat mount (I still need to drive to school). Then I'll give that mount to my tech schools welding class (assuming they will do it) and have them cut and weld it at my pre made marks. That way if it gets f'ed up its just my passenger mount and I can just pull another one from the junk yard.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I would pull a whole set and have them cut. Shouldn't be much at a junkyard.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
this is what I'm planing to do in my truck also.... I'm just going to take them out and section an inch or so out of the brackets

sent from the eskanalierra lol