Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same as normal cab lights. drop the headliner, drill holes and wire. makes you pretty nervous drilling holes in your perfectly good roof though lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the GMT900 LED lights on one of these trucks yet? I found a sweet ebay deal and picked up a set of the recon smoked ones for $40 and cant decide if i want to sell them to a friend or put them on my truck.. I think they would look good but pics before i destroy my roof and dont like it would be great lol

Got a link, those look sweet....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap....

Is that an 07-12 kit or 02-07?

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok thanks, I almost bought a kit last night but im worried about messing up my roof. I love the way they look though. Did you use their wiring harness or make your own? The harness is $40 which seems high to me....

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i made my own. Its really simple. Just went to the hardware and got a couple plugs and wired it all in. Then under the dash by the parking brake there is a place for different plugs and i went to napa and got the pigtail for stock clearance lights and plugged it in. works on the stock switch! I was very scared about drilling holes in the roof. It took a while to actually pull the trigger on the drill lol but once you do the first one theres no looking back. Now ive got friends that want them done. I said I will wire them in if they drill the holes lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol cool man thanks. Do you happen to have a part number for the pigtail you got at napa? I guess I'm mainly worried about how they are going to hold up over a few years since I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my pacer set today. Any one in central Ar installed a set and willing to help. I got beer after its done. I will be doing this in a couple weeks after the 16th also got my putco led 3rd brake light its already installed. I can't wait to install the cab lights thanks for the info I never would have had the guts to attempt this with out it. Pics to follow upon completion.

Last edited:

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I have the lights placed and marked just a the hardest part now does everything look right?
You must be registered for see images attach

Actually I just finished double checking the measurements while the pics were loading to photobucket and had to move passenger side light some I had the measurements reversed