c2500/3500 Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello,

tried to do a search but didnt come up with what I was looking for.

Is it possible to use c2500/3500 upper control arms on a c1500? beyond the obvious differences will I have any issues bolting them up? my 92 has lowering springs and stock spindles. i plan to upgrade to drop spindles and remove the lowering springs at some point but for now i was hoping the 2500/3500 upper arms would bolt on w/o issue.

any thoughts are much appreaciated.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I have seen it done on FSC the guy had to drill new mounting holes for the balljoint. Other than that it was bolt in. He used 3500 uppers IIRC.

Reaction score
Thx, so the overall dimensions were the same? i need new upper ball joints anyway so I was going to buy the proper c2500 uppers to go with it. is that where i may run into problems i.e. the c1500 upper ball joint is a different diameter than the 2500? obviously the mounting points are different but are the shaft sizes similar?

thx

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I have no idea about that. But from what I remember he had no issues when he got it aligned.

Reaction score
I dont think there is any real big draw other than i prefer the look of the thinner upper arm. the look is dramatically differnt in my opinion.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow that does look a lot different.

Figure out the balljoint situation and post.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Checked out the ball joints. The 2500/3500 ball joints are larger in diameter and longer. But more importantly the 2500/3500 joints have a angle to the mounting flange where as the 1500 joints are parallel with the top of the ball joint. I have to believe this creates unwelcomed joint angles and while it may not make the joint totally fail it has to increase wear beyond the designed use. I found the thread from FULL SIZE CHEVY and yes all the guy did was re-drill the holes to mount the 1500 ball joint but this seems like too much work & $ for no real upgrade. At best it might shave a pound or 2 off the front suspension but maybe not. The only positive of this is the looks and the fact that the upper ball joint and bushings are 1/2 of what the C1500 costs are. But if the angles are wrong it may increase wear on both components.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
the angles may be better for the lowered/bagged applications. i know with other tubular arms, the balljoint angles are diff than stock. i didn't have to on my OBS but when laying out my s10 on big wheels, i had to piecut the balljoint mounting plate and angle it done so they didn't bind.