Building a new beast

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Riverado2012, Feb 12, 2018 at 7:36 AM.

1. Riverado2012

Riverado2012 Newbie

Hey guys, was hoping to have a little bit of light shed on my situation. I have 4 truck all being built into one... maybe 2. I have 2-1995 Chevy's, and 2-1998 Chevy's. The first 95, my Sierra was my grandpa's brand new so that's my base, the other 95 has a 400 hp motor and a rebuilt 4l80e. The 98's both have lifts ones a 3in body and the other one has a 6in suspension lift, everyone runs and drive, 4wd drive works. Only thing is the body's, only one has a body I would reuse. My question is would reusing a suspension lift and body lift be something a backyard mechanic could do myself?

Also, I'm pretty good with these trucks, remanufactured the 400 horse motor myself and put the body lift on my 98, so i have some knowledge

2. Jay33089

Jay33089 OBSessed

Welcome! Pics of your trucks required!:Big Laugh:

3. Biggershaft96

Biggershaft96 Cant Getrite

If the suspension and body lifts are in good shape, i see no reason not to reuse them. Depending on what shape the trucks are in, you could probably build a decent one with a suspension lift then sell it to have some extra funds for your grandpas truck build.