BS oreilly experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Autozone is the worst around here were I live. I had one employee look up a part for me and argued with me for a half hour that I was looking up the wrong part, even though I had it in my hand!:slap: The only time I ever go to autozone is if it's something cheaper then o'Reilly or I already know what I need.

fuzzypuppy

Reaction score
Had a similar experience with Orielly's only with the spark control module, I went through 3 all bad out of box, they wouldn't test any of them and refused to swap the third, the only way I received a refund was to ask for the manager, The counter guy who "knew it all" swore it was my computer.
I went to Pep boys for the part and had no further troubles.
Of course I don't use my local Orielly's because of this experience, but I have used others further away since without issue.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Had a similar experience with Orielly's only with the spark control module, I went through 3 all bad out of box, they wouldn't test any of them and refused to swap the third, the only way I received a refund was to ask for the manager, The counter guy who "knew it all" swore it was my computer.
I went to Pep boys for the part and had no further troubles.
Of course I don't use my local Orielly's because of this experience, but I have used others further away since without issue.

That's less of an O Reilly's thing and more of a what ********** work at what parts store thing. Luck of the draw from what I've seen, but Napa consistently ****** me off the least.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have an O'Reilly's near me, there are some in the next town though.
Every AutoZone that I go into that requires assistance for parts from behind the counter usually ends up w/ me being aggravated. it's a shame because it's only 8 buildings away from my house.
I prefer Advance Auto Parts, always had a good experience w/ them. even going all the way back to when they were still Parts America & Western Auto (yes I just dated myself),

But as stated before, they all have less knowledgeable high school kids who think that they know everything.

Either way I photocopy all of my receipts, the thermal paper that they use turns blank after awhile. I was told by Advance that they dump the info after 2years, so you need your receipt after that. I brought them a faded receipt & about all you tell on it was that it was their receipt & it was for a radiator ($185). They took care of me & I've copied all of my receipts since.

Now I order all of my parts from them online now, slightly cheaper & usually a discount code available, then pick it up after work on my way home.

Spack9

Reaction score
Never go to O'Reilly's for electronic parts. They are made by the same company who supplies Advance but the majority of electronic parts that O'Reilly's sell have failed quality control. Came straight from a district manager I know.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
What makes me laugh is seeing AZ, AA, and O being called the big three. Also what makes me laugh is that people actually count on the nimrods inside these buildings for parts/support. Furthermore what makes me laugh is that I haven't set foot in a NAPA in years. Lastly what makes me laugh is thinking of myself going into a parts house without part numbers in hand for the items I need to buy.

A different climate is established with the "do you want fries with that" idiot when he says "year, make, & model?" and you say "just look up this part number for me", and it pulls up a part on his screen like goddamn magic. In his eyes, you just became smarter than the computer that defines his intelligence, so you just straight KILLED IT, yo.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been working on cars, and trucks sense I was 16. I am 57 now. I have bought my share of parts from all over. IMO, it comes down to, what the person working the counter knows, and how smart they are. I have had good and bad experiences at all of them. Also how the store manager runs his or her store, has a lot to do with your level of service. If you just want your everyday replacement part, then the so called big 3 are all ok, with AZ being the worst of the three IMO. Also I find that if you pay a little more and get the better part, that seems to help. You have to keep in mind, that all these chain stores pay next to nothing to there workers, so that has a lot to do with the kind of service you get. Almost all performance parts I use, I buy from Summit racing. I have used Summit for years, and I have always been happy with them.