Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knocked over my old tensioner assembly box yesterday I meant to buy a new bearing for about a year ago.

I'm just now working on dynamat in my car, and that stuff has been sitting in the garage for 3mo just waiting on me.
That's the next hurdle for the truck; I want to strip the interior out and put sound/heat deadener everywhere. The floor pans, doors, roof, and probably even do a little on the backside of the plastic panels. My floor gets hot on the passenger side so I'll probably go pretty heavy with the dynamat on that side.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone forgot about parts they bought?
Recently found new ac delco cap, rotor and an oil filter for a 2000 s-10 blazer i sold after getting my suburban.... also found some oil filters for a dakota i sold 3? Maybe 4 years ago.... ****, may have been 5.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the next hurdle for the truck; I want to strip the interior out and put sound/heat deadener everywhere. The floor pans, doors, roof, and probably even do a little on the backside of the plastic panels. My floor gets hot on the passenger side so I'll probably go pretty heavy with the dynamat on that side.
We plan on doing the same thing. We're probably going to do new carpet as well. We definitely need a dash. We blew the right front tire crossing over a bridge and when it went the entire dash was jumping up and down. It cracked like crazy. The dash has to come out anyway for the VIN swap. I'm probably going to have to buy a freaking parts vehicle just for the dash.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We plan on doing the same thing. We're probably going to do new carpet as well. We definitely need a dash. We blew the right front tire crossing over a bridge and when it went the entire dash was jumping up and down. It cracked like crazy. The dash has to come out anyway for the VIN swap. I'm probably going to have to buy a freaking parts vehicle just for the dash.
It never ends.
Shouldn't be too hard to find a decent dash though? I know down here a lot of the dashes just disintegrate over time because of the sun; the crew has a couple of gnarly cracks but the red truck doesn't have anything major.

I've toyed around with the idea of buying those dash-skins for both of the trucks to get ahead of the curve once the 20+ year old plastic really starts to go. Would yours be too far gone for that? I don't think I've ever seen any interior pics of pearl now that I think of it.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It never ends.
Shouldn't be too hard to find a decent dash though? I know down here a lot of the dashes just disintegrate over time because of the sun; the crew has a couple of gnarly cracks but the red truck doesn't have anything major.

I've toyed around with the idea of buying those dash-skins for both of the trucks to get ahead of the curve once the 20+ year old plastic really starts to go. Would yours be too far gone for that? I don't think I've ever seen any interior pics of pearl now that I think of it.
Her interior was pretty nice. Unfortunately the dash is cracked EVERYWHERE. Also condensation happened while sitting and the rear seat got pretty moldy. A couple of pieces of trim got a little bit of mold but not bad.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's been a good run! This truck's been a great daily and hasn't given me a lick of trouble!

But of course, now that I'm collecting parts to get it fixed up, it decides that it's a fine time to develop a coolant leak. Not sure where it's coming from, either the upper rad hose has a pinhole, or the radiator has a crack or split in it somewhere.
I'm hoping it's just the hose and I won't have to cough up for a new rad; I was planning on a fully aluminum rad for the new motor once it's ready to swap in, but I don't necessarily want to throw one in just yet. I don't know, I'll keep an eye on it for a little while.

Been playing around with HPTuners but I think I'm at an impasse with trying to sort out my misfire. I'm shopping around for a trans rebuild but before that I think I'll do a fluid change and replace the harness and a couple of suspect solenoids.
I'm also debating repinning my 0411 since I'm not happy with the rats nest; I only started thinking about that since I want to rewire a ton of other stuff...I'll just have to see how far my motivation will carry me.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More shtuff. Going to try and get both of the B&W hitches I've acquired stripped down and soaking in EvapoRust and maybe see if I can get a buddy to sandblast em both for me.

Wife's been driving the red truck all week since her car's acting up. She said aside from the steering and the mufflers she loves driving it.
Hopefully I won't lose it once I get everything done, I like driving the crew cab but I also love my red truck.

Attachments

• PXL_20231011_211852618.jpg
    PXL_20231011_211852618.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20231011_223043215.jpg
    PXL_20231011_223043215.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 13

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I was looking at the starter, and alternator for that engine today. Wishing I had thought about it, when you were here.