Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are sharp looking mirrors. I was going to go with those as well, however I don't think the blinker circuits run to that wiring harness... I could be wrong though, but I cheaped out and went with the early 2000's version. Make sure those bolts are as tight as you can get them and perhaps think about adding washers and lock nuts as well. If you cannot get them tight they will rattle over every bump. The front most nut on both sides is a bugger to get to. If you have ratcheting combination wrenches, it will help greatly.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did end up getting that socket set for the weird plugs on the cooler housing, came with a bunch of other weird stuff that may save my ass some day.

I also ordered up a rubber bed mat and tow mirrors.

You must be registered for see images attach

They appear to be plug and play and the pics show the extra bracket to hold them steady. Just need to bolt in the front tie downs, get this **** installed, and I'll be ready for a camper.
Sweet mirrors!

I have a camper for sale :D

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got the front camper tie down mounts installed. Also snagged a fuel filter, will install tomorrow. I anticipate the existing filter to be significantly restricted and the replacement to offer zero performance increase. Also pictured are the spacers I had to squeeze in to bring the fuel lines sufficiently away from the 2 bolts/nuts from the driver's mount.

This garbage came off my 1500 mysteriously and saved me some serious coin. Looks damn near identical to what Torklift currently slings for $700 and I had this blasted and coated for $80, spent about $16 on new bolts and ****, new slide in bits for $100 off of Fleabay. Appears that I am ahead $500 at the moment.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's a badass camper and I wouldn't dream of carrying it on anything less than a dually. Surprisingly the brakes feel completely adequate, only real issue is its balance. It's ass heavy but it's also dry. 41 gallons of water in front of the axle will probably help. That and I'm gonna see if I can scoot it forward a smidge or 2.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Did some legit dually **** today. :cool:

Wowsa! That is a nice looking Lance, they make some nice stuff. Glad to see with a camper that big you did frame mounted tie downs, I wouldn't think of running anything less at that weight. PO of my truck had bed mounted ones and it tore all the spot welds off the front brace...