Bolt, nut storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mason jars. Screw the lids to the bottom of the work bench or shelf and screw the jars into them. Easy to see what you've got.

Good idea. Reminded me that my Dad uses baby food jars the same way. I forgot about that method. His are screwed in to the bottom of a shelf just above eye level so you can look up and see what you have. It also allows you to put a few more rows.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of those plastic stackable bins at the surplus store.....work great

You must be registered for see images attach

Those are really similar to the ones I linked to except you get the wall mounting bracket with 24 bins for $20. Can hardly justify screwing with diy stuff when $20 will get you a system that works and looks pro.

I'd stay away from glass containers.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I've been using lately for organizing the truck parts while it is apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score

Here is a desk i made while i was at my apartment.... now that i actually have a garage... i just took those 2 craftsman cabinets and stacked them in the garage.. and use them for small parts/bolts storage. The top 2 drawers have the little plastic containers for bolts/nuts and the bottoms are just dead storage of misc parts. (Light bulbs, lug nuts, extra marker lenses, cab lenses, etc, etc)

I just got sick of having parts everywhere, and no place for my bolts. I primarily did these because when i moved into my apartment, i didn't want small parts and hardware everywhere and difficult to move, wasn't sure how long it would take me to find a permanent garage. This kept everything stored and easy to move. Even out in the garage now, it keeps down clutter and such.

Every once and a while you can get 4 drawer craftsman's for like $50-80. They work great for bolt/part storage for me. Eventually i will be mounting them into a framed workbench..

Last edited:

jrsavoie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For standard bolts, I made a bolt bin out of quart cans - tomato juice and similar. I have a row for 1/4" through 3/4" coarse and 2 extra rows for misc.. Nuts, flats, locks and bolts in 1/4" or 1/2" increments. Starting at 1/2" and going to 5" on the smaller diameters

The rack to hold the cans was made out of 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 1/8" angle iron. Scrapped wind bracing for steel trusses that was being pitched off a job I was working on

Stainless bolts are in a bucket with dividers, Metric bolts are in various quart cans, Machine screws and wood screws are in tool boxes

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had to formula supplement with my first kid so I kept a few containers.. Once I get things straightened out I'm just going to have a container for bolts, one for nuts, one for screws, and one for nails. I'm keeping them on a shelf.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A shot from afar, but 2 Harbor Freight organizers. Going to add more soon.