BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Ace here is about half that size. Used to only be ace and a general store back in the 90s and early 2000s. There was a farm that sold fertilizer and weed too that's still around (but the grass seed is full of weeds now, no thanks) Then Lowe's showed up not far down the way.
My local ACE is about 1/4 of that; and hardly stocked as well.
I usually go to the place that supplies my work with hardware, Rowan Nut & Bolt.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to share the pictures of the aisles at my Ace Hardware.
You must be registered for see images attach

Holy crap.. the Ace nearest us has a tiny hardware selection, but a HUGE selection of crap that my wife loves to dig through. I have to hold my breath as I enter the store and pass all the scented candles (that stuff wrecks my sinuses instantly.) Now, if I drive at least 30 minutes to a different location, they have a semi-decent hardware selection, and a lot more things I can actually use. Still, nothing like these pictures. I'm super jealous.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crap.. the Ace nearest us has a tiny hardware selection, but a HUGE selection of crap that my wife loves to dig through. I have to hold my breath as I enter the store and pass all the scented candles (that stuff wrecks my sinuses instantly.) Now, if I drive at least 30 minutes to a different location, they have a semi-decent hardware selection, and a lot more things I can actually use. Still, nothing like these pictures. I'm super jealous.

Richard
We're pretty lucky to have such a great hardware store just a mile from our house.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bed unloaded, managed to bend it up some so I'll need to do some bodywork but I can't complain, $200 bed that's probably going to need $100 in body work that'll turn it into a $1000 bed.
Going to ditch the plastic bed liner and the flip plate, before I mount it I'm going to spray a bed liner in and under it, I'll probably cut some pieces off the old bed to make patch panels.

Attachments

• PXL_20231029_152154662.jpg
    PXL_20231029_152154662.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 14

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dug around and found some LEDs I bought a while back; thought I had two new turn signal lenses but I've only got one. Wet sanded a halfway decent pair I had and threw them on the truck, got the bulbs swapped in the turn signals and corners but I think I've got a bad turn signal socket, cleaned it and greased it but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it.
Got the visor wired up, I'd like to try and get it installed and wired in to the truck tomorrow but I don't know how well it'll work out.

Truck mod money is going to be running short for the next month or two, got word from the vet earlier this week that my dog Rosie tore the CCL in her leg; which to my understanding is the canine equivalent of an ACL?
Either way, it's going to be about 4500-5K for the surgery. Kind of a bummer she's hurt but I'm glad I've got the money for the operation.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How old is the dog? I've had several dogs blow out their rear knees. If she has only torn one side, expect the other side to go out also at some point. The legs will "heal" on their own, not as in heal that ligament, but the surrounding musculature will develop to allow the dog a normal active life, albeit without the speed or jumping ability as prior. Lots of info out there though. Good luck to you and the dog whichever way you go.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How old is the dog? I've had several dogs blow out their rear knees. If she has only torn one side, expect the other side to go out also at some point. The legs will "heal" on their own, not as in heal that ligament, but the surrounding musculature will develop to allow the dog a normal active life, albeit without the speed or jumping ability as prior. Lots of info out there though. Good luck to you and the dog whichever way you go.
She's 4; and my wife and I thought we would be able to just let her heal but the x-rays showed it was pretty damaged and surgery is really going to be the only way for it to be fixed properly.

And yeah, the vet techs told us to expect the other one to go at some point too, but we're going to look at getting her some better supplements for joint health; since she's a lab she's already prone to having joint issues.
We had her on some when she was a young pup but wound up stopping since we bought the house and couldn't afford the supplements for a while.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update, still waiting for hardware to show up for the visor. Had to order special rivnuts from McMaster-Carr because I didn't realize the inner and outer roof skins were different for crew cabs and I assume Suburbans. I was hoping to get the beds swapped but I really need to rebuild the cylinder on my cherry picker first.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just tinkering today, cleaned out the bed since I haven't done that since the summer.
Tons of leaves, a lot of garbage, and a handful of nuts and bolts later it's clean.
Also got around to pulling the plastic bed liner out of the new bed and discovered how the flip ball was mounted. Giant chunk of steel.
Got it listed and hopefully have it sold, then next couple of weekends it's nice I'm hoping to get the new bed swapped over as well as getting the welded on gooseneck hitch cut out and the B&W installed.