Big a** custom brushguard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine sold his 09 gmc 1500 and he kept the rims,tires, and brush guard, and I picked up the brush guard for 75 bucks. I figured this would be a good place to start building. I got it to work and set it up with a tow motor in front of my truck. It stuck down about 6" under my truck and is a lil wide so today I cut 4" off the bottom and took the round tube brace out to relocate it. That's about as far as I've got so far, but I'll be working on it all week at lunch. This think is huge, and weighs prolly 75-100lbs. My plan is to take some 2"square tube and weld it to the frame, then take some 1.5" square and weld it to the brush guard. Then put 2 holes through each and use 4 hitch pins to hold it on and I'm not real sure on a top mount yet. Any ideas? I'm just kinda ussing my truck as a Frankenstein to see what I can do. I'll post pics and an update tomorrow

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
We need pics!!! And what's a tow motor

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Hang on. I'm tryin to figure out tapa and I can't even find my own friggin threads. Not much progress today just griding the places I torched yesterday.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is it. It's friggin huge. Sorry I been busy since I got off work. Gonna start welding on it tomo and hopefully it'll be on Thursday then back off Friday for paint. Hopefully lol, well see how it goes

Sent from my Deere wrapped iphone

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Idk why but my old Amish boss called them tow motors and it just stuck lol

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Haha I was thinking winch

Speaking of winch rural king has a 10,000lb winch for $600. I'm thinkin it would be a good addition to the brush guard. Just gotta convince the girlfriend lol