Best water pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of an update. I ended up going with the ac delco and discovered the bad pump was a reman. I might get some flack for this, but I flushed all the old dex cool out and switched to green coolant while I was at it.

Does anyone else hate those damn paper gaskets? I gave up on them and used RTV after I dropped the gaskets twice.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 to above if you want to stay pulley driven, otherwise if money was no object, I'd switch to electric and upgrade to a high amp alt.... IF money was no object.
I seriously considered that option, we run an electric pump on our drag car and it rocks, but my daily driver s10 has a dead cylinder and I decided the water pump was an easier fix.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of an update. I ended up going with the ac delco and discovered the bad pump was a reman. I might get some flack for this, but I flushed all the old dex cool out and switched to green coolant while I was at it.

Does anyone else hate those damn paper gaskets? I gave up on them and used RTV after I dropped the gaskets twice.

I did that years ago on my 97. I used Nissan green coolant the first time. Using their Blue coolant now. At work we have bottles and bottles of the stuff laying around the shop. I never see any corrosion in those aluminum engines. It protects both aluminum and cast iron parts.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might get some flack for this, but I flushed all the old dex cool out and switched to green coolant while I was at it.
I don't think my Mr Goodwrench long block has ever seen any Dex Cool, lol. I use Prestone, High Peaks, or the cheapest available green stuff. I do drain the system each year and add fresh 50/50 mixture (concentrated and add water). It's stayed clean going on 17 years.