Best Cam for '96 Yukon - L31 Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calderone

Reaction score
Not sure on the V6 converter, vigilantes are the best bang for the buck, my LPE219 Camshaft needs 2800 converter or so
but i have a 2800-3200 one and its really amazing.
Now we are deciding between Edelbrock etec's and AFR0912's !

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
etecs are god but they are edelbrocks, and personally i cant stand their garbage, AFR makes an extremely good head but youll pay for it, i actually used to love the old pariot now promax? heads. best bang for your buck that ive experienced

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
etecs are god but they are edelbrocks, and personally i cant stand their garbage, AFR makes an extremely good head but youll pay for it, i actually used to love the old pariot now promax? heads. best bang for your buck that ive experienced

whats wrong with Edelbrock? What makes their American parts such garbage you cant stand them?

Ive purchased a fair amount of Edelbrock parts over the years and never once thought it was crap parts.

Last edited:

Calderone

Reaction score
i don't think they are garbage but ...they are overmarketed i would love to see a flow comparison
between some edelbrocks and the AFR 0912 there is almost a 400 buck difference between them.
I have AFR195's on my 87 vette and never looked back, best thing ever but i cannot compare because
i've never had a set of edelbrocks, we will keep the intake stock so maybe AFR's will be overkill but will have room to grow

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
whats wrong with Edelbrock? What makes their American parts such garbage you cant stand them?

Ive purchased a fair amount of Edelbrock parts over the years and never once thought it was crap parts.

over afr, promax, trick flow and all the others i cannot stand edelbrocks way overpriced for far too little gain, edelbrock isnt bad in a sense that they have crappy parts, theyre just as reliable as anything else but meaning that they rely on people just going out and buying a whole set from them that does good but not great, where as a few tweaks here and there with the same type head from someone else or slightly different cam can do so much better. overmarketed yes, i personally think theres way better out there than edelbrock. the only two edelbrock things ive ever used were valve covers and air cleaners and only because they were the only ones i had laying around and an intake because i got it for next to nothing and ported and polished the crap out of it.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
i don't think they are garbage but ...they are overmarketed i would love to see a flow comparison
between some edelbrocks and the AFR 0912 there is almost a 400 buck difference between them.
I have AFR195's on my 87 vette and never looked back, best thing ever but i cannot compare because
i've never had a set of edelbrocks, we will keep the intake stock so maybe AFR's will be overkill but will have room to grow

yea I would too, be nice if there were some dyno comparisons between LT4 hot cam with afr heads and Lt4 hot cam with etec 170 heads on a L31 block....with the stock intake, but thats probably wishful thinking. ive seen a couple Lt4 hot cam with 1.6 rockers with etecs and they look like they Haul A$$.

I hope you take some video of whatever combination you choose.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Nice, I was just looking at C4 vettes on youtube yesterday. I could see why you like those AFR heads so much.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Nice, I was just looking at C4 vettes on youtube yesterday. I could see why you like those AFR heads so much.
=)))) lol i if i had the cash id go for afrs any day of the week on a budget ill stick with a set of iron darts, or world heads, aluminum trickflows or i really like promax!