Best Cam for '96 Yukon - L31 Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calderone

Reaction score
Tyler, sorry i have been putting a list of parts together, i already have the tune up kit and 1 5/8 Long tube headers.
The Yukon have never been molested or modified before and it's totally stock. Never been opened.
I will buy this gaskets http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/fel-2802/

This is the thinner gasket im using on my L98

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLE-5746/

Bore (in) 4.125 in.
Bore (mm) 104.775mm / 4.125 in.
Gasket Material Nitroseal
Compressed Thickness (in) 0.026 in.
Compressed Volume (cc) 5.400cc
Lock Wire No
Quantity Sold individually.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im still getting around the same thing unless you specifically kn ow deck height and all that its just a guess based on what i found to be deck and such for a vortec motor.

Calderone

Reaction score
Update !!! We have been working on it pretty much all weekends so we are about to make it run
we will obviously need a tune.

Most likely an emergency tune, because we will swap the complete intake / EFI system to get rid of the old spider.
Here's the mod list :

L31 Bored .30 - 355 Now
Flat 2 valve relief Hyper Pistons
AFR 0912 Heads
GM Hotcam
1.6 Crane Cams Gold Rockers
1 5/8 Long Tube Headers
Taylor Vortex Spacer
Taylor TB Spacer (Not sure if it works but we did it anyway)
Spider Upgrade (we got rid of the old poppet style)
AirRaid Intake
AC Delete
Underdrive Pulleys
Yank 3600 Torque Converter

We will try to make it run next week and i think it will run decent but ....it will idle like hell.
I did this very same thing on my L98 Corvette and i needed a tune to get a decent idle.
But i got the Ostrich and Chip burner that was eat cake! But this is not the case here.
We will raise the budget for a complete EFI Selftuning upgrade, the stock intake will be a bottleneck
and will leave lots of potental out ...well, raising the money might take a few months so we want to
drive it for a while and we would love to have our options. As far as i know the blackbox cannot be tuned.

What i was thinking was to buy an already tuned blackbox guided by my mod list.
Any recommendations? Who can do this job great and right? Any help will be appreciated !

ps : we don't want the hassle to do the 411 swap since the new EFI set up is on our plans.
Or ...maybe yes and it's not so difficult ?????

Thank you !!!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Calderone

Reaction score
Just went for a test drive
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
0411 swap would be very wise. Far more tuning control especially if switching to a different efi system. It's just repinning the harnesses and having a tune flashed in. Then you can use widely supported tuning software like HPtuners and EFIlive