Basic 2dr 4x4 suspension upgrade advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
guys- was going to replace the 20 yr old bushings w urethane ones- getting the “as long as you’re doing it” should probably rebuild the whole front end. Already did shocks last year- what do you guys like? Part manufacturers, etc? Also thinking of using red box for new power steering. Thanks!!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moog and Proforged seem to get good reviews. I had a RedHead box on a Bronco and had no issues with it, but there are some posts where people have had issues. I have a BlueTop brand on mine and it’s noticeably tighter. Customer service was good - the owner responded to emails quickly, even on a Sunday.

Save yourself the headache and pick up a impact for the pitman/steering gear nut. It’s pretty easy to get the arm off with the gearbox removed. Also a 3/4” drive torque wrench, torque was around 215-ft lbs or so but would have to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thx- haven’t heard about BlueTop for the steering box- I’ll check it out..