ball joint tool used as a torsion bar tool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've found the balljoint removal tool to work the best for unloading the t-bars. I have seen a 7-ton 2-jaw puller break and also bend the tabs down on the crossmember and seem very close to slipping off. They do get the job done but the balljoint tool is by far the easiest I've used.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I've found the balljoint removal tool to work the best for unloading the t-bars. I have seen a 7-ton 2-jaw puller break and also bend the tabs down on the crossmember and seem very close to slipping off. They do get the job done but the balljoint tool is by far the easiest I've used.
Dangit I was gonna rent the gear puller until this. So ball joint puller is better? I may just drop ~$75 on a t-bar tool.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
guys be safe, please, buy the right tool in this case or ask about renting it.

No doubt the BJ tool it beefy enough to git r done, but you really need some ends made to hold it in the top hole and the bottom hole to keep it from slipping.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Jaw pullers grip the same as a tb tool except they latch to the side instead of the top. They work great, and aren't sketchy at all.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pullers only grip the sides of the crossmember and risk bending the ears and slipping, the t-bar tool has a nub on top to hold down into the top and then the nub on bottom for the key, and yea it could come off, or they have the big muffler clamp looking ones(rough country) they completely wrap around the x-member and bolt down.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
pullers only grip the sides of the crossmember and risk bending the ears and slipping, the t-bar tool has a nub on top to hold down into the top and then the nub on bottom for the key, and yea it could come off, or they have the big muffler clamp looking ones(rough country) they completely wrap around the x-member and bolt down.
Yeah I'm just gonna be safe and get the type that wraps all the way around.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would for sure.

I really wanted or want to use some jaw pullers on mine, when I change the bars, because I have the jaw puller, but I'm really afraid of getting hurt.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea lol they used a c-clamp on trucks, the show and it broke, then they used another one lol.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
This is what happens if you try C-clamps (only tried bc it was at 11 at night and this was all we had.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jaw pullers worked fine for me. I've never used a bj removal tool, but it is really beefy. Eh. Oh well.