ball joint tool used as a torsion bar tool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
please be careful with that because if you are under the truck and any of these halfass excuses for a tool fail you could live. with possibly a busted head or something. i bought the factory tb tool off ebay for 50.00. 50 bux well spent. a torsion bar is just a spring under a lot of tension. ive messed with leafs and coils for 30+ yrs and never owned a special tool for them. ive worked on *** trucks with tb's and didnt need any special tools. the gm tb system is something you dont want to lose a finger or something working on. my 02 cents.

Last edited:

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
My local auto parts store didnt have a 7 ton gear puller so we just used a ball joint tool and it worked great! iv used a tbar tool on my NBS gmc sierra and it seemed ok, but to be honest the ball joint tool seemed to work better then the tbar tool IMO. also if you rent a ball joint tool you put a $120.00 deposit down and get the deposit back when you bring the tool back. That means its technically free (unless you damage the tool) And IMO free is better then $50 for a tool you only will use once..... luckily were almost done with the lift now :) this was as of tonight:
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the input every one, and hopefully this thread helps out other members as well!

Reaction score
i used my tb tool twice. once to change keys and once to rip all that crap out for sas lol. i didnt buy the c clamp type. ( i own a ball joint tool already) i got the factory type made by kent moore tools. i kept it thinking i could use it for something else. it looks like a super heavy duty 2 jaw puller. ive rented it out twice. (loaned for beer)

Last edited: