ball joint tool used as a torsion bar tool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
You are the $hit man! Credit is given were it is deserved ;)

Just sharing my personal experiences with a fellow truck lover.

Hell, if you were closer, I'd love to help put the lift on. I spend literally every night from when I get off at 9 to 12-1 am in the shop tinkering with something. Whether its my truck, or friends trucks, I don't mind. In the past week we've tinted 2 vehicles windows, replaced a set of u-joints, put blocks and keys on a nbs, rebuilt the suspension on the front of my truck with all new parts, next is working on our '72 camaro to get it running again.

I'll end my thread jack now lol

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Just sharing my personal experiences with a fellow truck lover.

Hell, if you were closer, I'd love to help put the lift on. I spend literally every night from when I get off at 9 to 12-1 am in the shop tinkering with something. Whether its my truck, or friends trucks, I don't mind. In the past week we've tinted 2 vehicles windows, replaced a set of u-joints, put blocks and keys on a nbs, rebuilt the suspension on the front of my truck with all new parts, next is working on our '72 camaro to get it running again.

I'll end my thread jack now lol
lol dont worry about it, it gets me excited to see im not the only pearson who loves working on vehicles for fun, hell thats why im going to Wyotech for there automotive tech program. I dont think iv done quite as much as you have but iv helped rebuild my buddies front end on his f 150, and I to spend hours at my dads shop working on my truck and his 68 mustang lol.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Good! And I see the compressor, good choice. I put mine on without air tools. Worst mistake of my life :nono:
Im sorry man, I just know I would die without my impact wrench lol. also on some bolts we had to use a huge torque wrench with an even bigger cheater bar lol

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
It just feels good. Now that I've gotten the small nitpicky stuff done, I'm finally going to start tackling the bigger projects.

I know a lot from experiences, and from just researching random things..

A year and a half ago, if you'd asked me what a torsion bar was, I wouldn't even know where to look on the truck for it.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
It just feels good. Now that I've gotten the small nitpicky stuff done, I'm finally going to start tackling the bigger projects.

I know a lot from experiences, and from just researching random things..

A year and a half ago, if you'd asked me what a torsion bar was, I wouldn't even know where to look on the truck for it.
Im the same way, if I see something in a magazine or on the web that I plan on doing to my truck I will read about it for hours and research it so I know exactly what needs to be done. I still have alot to learn about engine components though. I only wish my list of things was getting down to the little things, but I have so much to do still like the bodywork, paint, and re gearing before I could even think about doing my engine swap to an LQ9 motor :(

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I've learned the most about suspension, but I got a paint gun for christmas and have an extra hood for my 94 camaro that I'm gonna try my hand at preppin and painting. I've been reading up on it lately. And I know a decent amount about gear ratios and how gears work and all that good stuff but mostly just about our trucks and dirt track cars bc that's what I grew up around.

I've also really been reading up on solid axle swaps and I've gotten most of it down.

Most stuff that you'll learn about, when you think back, you'll be thinking, that's so simple.. Why did I think it was that complicated.

If you don't already, I suggest getting s subscription to petersens 4wheel magazine. They have GREAT write ups in them usually.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I've learned the most about suspension, but I got a paint gun for christmas and have an extra hood for my 94 camaro that I'm gonna try my hand at preppin and painting. I've been reading up on it lately. And I know a decent amount about gear ratios and how gears work and all that good stuff but mostly just about our trucks and dirt track cars bc that's what I grew up around.

I've also really been reading up on solid axle swaps and I've gotten most of it down.

Most stuff that you'll learn about, when you think back, you'll be thinking, that's so simple.. Why did I think it was that complicated.

If you don't already, I suggest getting s subscription to petersens 4wheel magazine. They have GREAT write ups in them usually.
For sure man, and il be sure to look into that magazine for sure. do they have a web site or any thing?