audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Yep, color to color. I suggest soldering with heat shrink if you can. If not, you can use electrical tape or butt connectors

Sent from my awesome S5

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99% of the time its color to color. Just use the wiring instructions provided and then look for the big decal on the radio which should tell you what each color wire does. Verify that both are the same and then splice it in. I suggest NOT using cheap butt connectors and/or electrical tape. It doesnt hold up over time.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for yalls replies and time,,but this aint like mine,,the wires off my radio harness is like 6 wires,,it also has a cassett ?? tape also,,do i use any of those wire from the new cd unit?? model is pioneer dxt x 2669u1

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it look like a previous owner cut the OEM radio harness off and put something else in its place? Can you provide a picture of the stock harness in the truck?

Worse case if just hard wiring the new radio to the wires in the truck but you will have to figure out which wires in the truck go to what.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it look like a previous owner cut the OEM radio harness off and put something else in its place? Can you provide a picture of the stock harness in the truck?

Worse case if just hard wiring the new radio to the wires in the truck but you will have to figure out which wires in the truck go to what.

It cant just be 6 wires. You need 2 for every speaker and at a minimum that would be 4 for your truck if you just have front speakers. You then need
12V constant wire (this provides 12V to the radio at all times to save settings)
12V switched ignition. (this turns the radio on and off when the key is turned)
ground
illumination
dimmer (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.