audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
i have searched high and low with no luck,,can someone please help me with the wiring up of my radio,,it is a pioneer DXT-D2669U1 what color and where are the wires located?? thanks in advance..

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to splice any wires. The harness goes from the back of the stereo & plugs into the factory harness in order to utilize the factory wiring for the speakers, power, etc.

This is the part that keeps coming up on several cites that I've checked.

pioneer DXT-D2669U1

[h=1]70-1858
GM GMC CHEVROLET BUICK OLDSMOBILE PONTIAC Into Car Wire Harness - Radio Wire Harness[/h]
You must be registered for see images attach
METRA 70-1858
GM GMC CHEVROLET BUICK OLDSMOBILE PONTIAC Into Car Wire Harness - Radio Wire Harness[h=3]Car Stereo Harness General Motors 1988-Up - Into Car 21-pin Plugs into car harness at radio Power and 4-Speaker 21-pin plug - Metra WIring Harness[/h]
Retail Price
$14.99
Our Discount Price
$7.95

Don't know how close you are to these guys, but maybe give 'em a call.

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=1025

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He has already been told which harness he needs about 10 times. I asked him to take a pic of what he currently has in the truck and I have yet to see pics. Either he cant find the correct plugs in the dash or a previous owner cut them all off and put something else in their place.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
He has already been told which harness he needs about 10 times. I asked him to take a pic of what he currently has in the truck and I have yet to see pics. Either he cant find the correct plugs in the dash or a previous owner cut them all off and put something else in their place.

it has the factory radio witha casette player,,neither plug looks even close to that,,,they are flat,,FLAT 8 wires coming from radio 8 from casette,,both are flat and plug into another flat part under the dash,,does not look remotely what you posted,,i do value everyones help,,,,it is stock,,never been cut or modofied

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Have you found the antenna cable or a blue plug yet? If not, then you are definitely not looking in the right place.

It sounds like you are looking at the two plugs on the bottom of the radio "brain" box, underneath the dash. You need the plugs on TOP of the radio; they will be black, blue, and white if you have a third plug. They will plug into the one larger harness everyone here has already posted. The antenna cable will also be up there along with those plugs.

You will need to unbolt the brain box from underneath the dash to access those wires.

Last edited:

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the video link,,im gonna give it a shot,,,if not,,i will just take it to a shop,,no tunes for 4 days is killing me,,

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
ok,,so i take the truck to a local stero shop,,i called first,,explained my issues,,he says ,,we can finish the install,,40/50 bucks,,sweet..i get there,,dude looks at the truck and says it will be at least 75 bux plus the adapter for the antenna plus tax and materials,,i was just a lil pissed off,,needless to say,,day 5,,no tunes,,not much direction to go either,,something so simple is turning out to be a major headache,,thanks for all who replied,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.