audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
i scored a pioneer stereo..model DXT-X2669UI anyone have one of these or any experience with this model??

How do i adapt the stereo to the factory plug?? Im not sure if my truck has the speakers in the rear by your head,,if so they dont work,,my current factory radio does not have a fader feature so if anyone knows for sure if it came with them i would appreciate it...also,,if anyone has the pocket to put it in i need one,,thanks in advance,,,cheers...:D

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to buy an adapter that goes between your head unit and the factory wiring harness. It's real easy and they sell them at walmart or any autozone or pep boys is a good place for audio, they sell stinger name brand. You said speakers by your head so I assumeyour truck is a little older , they should be 6x9 if a little newer than spears are lower by the floor they are 4x6.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure where winona is, I'm from Ft Worth. It would be real easy to get some 16 or 18 gauge wire and run to each speaker, make a nice connection throw some decent 6x9s in the Bpillar and it would be a whole new world

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your truck doesn't have a fade it most likely doesn't have rear speakers. The speakers will be under the grills in the corners of the dash. The size would be 4x6 in both the front and the rear (if you have them).

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the quick replies,,it has 4x6 pioneer 3 way in the dash,,got them from best buy,,,the stereo came with 2 6 inch speakers and 2 6x9 2 way speakers,,i dont think they will fit in the b pillars,,i will trade them for a decent set of 4x6,,these are like new,,only 4 weeks old,,i need to find the plug adapter that will go from my factory radio harness to the pioneer unit,,i want it to plug and play if possible, as i dont want to cut the factory harness,,thanks again,,you guys rock,,,:cheers:

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Red dash kit: Metra 99-3000R or Scosche GM1482GRB
Dash pocket: American International GMP333 or Metra 88-00-3301
Wiring Harness: Metra 70-1858
Antenna Adapter: Metra 40-GM10

Hope that helps.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
scored a cd pocket today,,at least i think thats what i needed?? i got the cubby hole a few weeks back,,next is harness,,,

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
So if I understand you correctly, you got the dash kit for the aftermarket radio and pocket that replaces the factory head unit?

Walmart should have a Scosche wiring harness that includes the antenna adapter. It's not as good as the Metra stuff IMO but it will work fine.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
no i think it is just a factory one,,still need a dash kit and other stuff,,think wal mart will have this stuff??

Status
Not open for further replies.