audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's these things, too.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UNIVERSAL-VE...US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item3cd3e9f466

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UNIVERSAL-VE...US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item3cd3ea068e

Back when I had square bodies, I had only one of those metal plate/box things for the speakers.
It wasn't in the best of shape, so I hammered it flat, traced out 2 on some sheet metal & bent them up on a small 4' break.
Actually made a bunch of them. That was years ago. Sold some. Gave some away. Wish I had just one now, I'd make up some more. Impossible to find in the wreckers nowadays.
You could pattern out something similar for a GMT400 outa cardboard, then transfer that to some sheet metal.
A pair of tin shears, & access to a break for an hour or so would be all that that would take.

If you have the older style 'B' panels that go right to the floor, here's what someone on FSC did.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need a harness that will go from the pioneer radio to the gm plug for radio,,any ideas

Are you referring to the actuzl wiring harness that would normally come with the aftermarket radio? Did you acquire the radio without any harness at all?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh ok. so all you need is the aftermarket adapter harness which will get spliced into the wires coming off the radio and then plugged into the trucks harness.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your truck doesnt have rear speakers installed from the factory then hopefully you luck out and GM ran the wiring anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.