audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
6x9's can be made to work, but not in the factory location. Can be mounted lower in the B pillar. You'll have to make a plate outa wood or metal. Covered in speaker carpet, & they'll be virtually invisible.

Factory option in GM square bodies, but I've seen this same idea applied to GMT400's.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
Sweet idea. Going to have to use it. Can they be bought pre-made?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sweet idea. Going to have to use it. Can they be bought pre-made?

They used to be OEM, probably long discontinued.
Got access to a small break & a shear? Know a high school kid taking shop? Neighbour with a backyard shop?
Make a template outa cardboard.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
ya know....a lot of this could have been avoided by the simple fact of...taking the adapter...looking at the plugs then seeing which one fits in which hole...the damn thing only goes together one way as each plug is colored differently and have locator tabs on each to ensure they go into the correct receptacle....but eh...what do i know...like everyone else in here i have only thrown in a half dozen or so decks in different GMs over the years... :shrug:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are we thread digging this just to cause issues? knock it off. let it go. Mmmm'kay...

Status
Not open for further replies.