Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so you find the Arteb headlights (or taillights) interesting.

How do you get a pair?

I maintain a list, FIFO, of people who contact me. To reach me, PM works and email works ([email protected]). Send me a note, tell me what you want and we'll start a dialog.

Here's what happens thereafter:

Carlos ships shortly after he receives product. However, he only launches one shipment a day, and he waits at least one day in-between shipments. ALSO, we only ship to residential addresses. We had a problem once, that's why we do it this way; that's all I'm saying.

I start at the top of my FIFO list. I will request payment the DAY BEFORE Carlos ships; I don't like sitting on people's money. PayPal, Venmo or other means is fine. If payment is delayed, we'll delay shipment, day for day. After receipt of payment, I forward the recipient's information to Carlos.

The following day Carlos launches the shipment with the carrier and he promptly emails me a shipping receipt w/ tracking number. I then email that information to the recipient along with instructions for how to track the package in BOTH Brazil and the US / destination country.

Carlos only ships via Correios; they are the national carrier in Brazil (much like USPS) and the least-cost option. They carry the package from Carlos (Jacobina) to São Paulo, run it through Customs there and (for US shipments) put it on a plane to Miami; in Miami, it goes through US customs and then onto a plane to a USPS depot near the recipient. USPS carries it on the ground from there.

In almost all cases we ship "EXPRESS" to the US, which costs about US$5 more but shaves the transit time and minimizes anxiety IMHO. Typical time from Carlos posting, to arrival at the recipient's doorstep, is 9-10 days, but we've seen it as low as 7 and as long as 14. Shipping "ECONOMY" take almost exactly twice as long, 14-21 days.

Shipments to Europe are a bit more expensive and "ECONOMY" may be used to shave some cost. Transit times to Europe are virtually the same as to the US for each grade of service, and the shipment's routing is similar... Jacobina -> São Paulo -> Customs -> airplane to destination country's port of entry -> Customs -> national carrier -> recipient's doorstep.

During each shipment's transit I will be tracking it myself and I may email relevant comments to the recipient.

We've done this now for a couple of years for members of GMT400 and a few non-members, and generally it's been fun! :cool: Folks, I do this just for the bragging rights and nothing more. Carlos does the groundwork. He handles the interface to the suppliers. He receives, repackages and re-ships. It's because of him that we've been able to offer these at all, let alone for such a low price (at one time we needed ~$430 a pair; those were dark days).

So that's the story :waytogo:

Oh, in case you were wondering, I became acquainted with Carlos in 2019 when I was trying to acquire two pairs of Arteb headlights for myself. Then around Jan 2021 I saw enough interest brewing on GMT400 that I contacted Carlos and we set up this conduit so that other members might have them. The rest is history.

Last edited:

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i must live under a rock, I just found out about these, and I am interested!

(admittedly I dont frequent gmt400.com much, lol)

So these are plug and play, no adapting necessary for stock harness and light sockets, correct?

I dont like hacking up harnesses if I dont have to, but would love a improved light.

Thanks!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So i must live under a rock, I just found out about these, and I am interested!

(admittedly I dont frequent gmt400.com much, lol)

So these are plug and play, no adapting necessary for stock harness and light sockets, correct?

I dont like hacking up harnesses if I dont have to, but would love a improved light.

Thanks!

Headlights yes, with a slight exception. Taillights no, as they need a different board than what North American spec tails use.

The exception with the headlights is that the Artebs have a provision for "city lights" that we don't use in North America. The connector can be found easily enough. It's a standard GM/Weatherpac connector. I bought mine on ebay, but haven't wired them up, yet. They're documented here on the forum someplace.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GM Guy, as @454cid noted the headlights are plug and play, using the same OE bulbs (9005/9006 aka HB3/HB4) and unmodified OE wiring.

The headlights’ City Light feature can be optionally enabled, easily, as some members have done. The feature and its required electrical connector are illustrated on the website (http://www.lightsbyarteb.com/, see pgs. 6&7) and discussed in the “Arteb Users” thread here on GMT400:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/arteb-brazil-gmt400-headlight-users-thread.56596/

The taillights aren’t plug and play; some minor electrical mods are required. A few members have made the conversion. See this thread for some details.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/acquiring-arteb-brazil-gmt400-taillights.56890/

and

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/wiring-changes-to-suit-arteb-taillights.63786/

Last edited:

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
reading more, are the Arteb headlight mounts included with purchase? I see there was fitment issues with the stock brackets.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reading more, are the Arteb headlight mounts included with purchase? I see there was fitment issues with the stock brackets.

Yes, they come with brackets.

One can't "reuse" the OE brackets because they won't accommodate the small fixture on the back of the Artebs that's used for the "city light".

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That city light is a #194 , correct?

Well, yes, sort-of. It uses a "T10 miniature wedge base" bulb.

T10 bulbs include nos 194, 168, 2825 and others which, AFAIK, are differentiated by wattage and, quite possibly, color temperature.

From what I've seen, not all "T10 miniature wedge base" bulbs are the same size, so there's that.

My point is there are variety of bulbs that will fit, and the user can pick-and-chose to get the right light intensity / color to suit their objectives.

For reference, no. 2825 is a 5 watt bulb used in city light applications on certain Toyotas.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well, yes, sort-of. It uses a "T10 miniature wedge base" bulb.

T10 bulbs include nos 194, 168, 2825 and others which, AFAIK, are differentiated by wattage and, quite possibly, color temperature.

From what I've seen, not all "T10 miniature wedge base" bulbs are the same size, so there's that.

My point is there are variety of bulbs that will fit, and the user can pick-and-chose to get the right light intensity / color to suit their objectives.

For reference, no. 2825 is a 5 watt bulb used in city light applications on certain Toyotas.

I bought some cheap LEDs on Amazon for the city lights. No wires yet, but I tried them in the house using a wall-wart. I think I put them in my corner lights too.

Looks like they're still about $10 for 10 www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BT23WVC

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score