Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carlos was talking with our Arteb jobber today and the jobber passed this along to him:

"Arteb also warned that the next batch manufactured will be the last."

I don't know what to make of this... maybe it's simply rumor, maybe it's the truth. I for one have always wondered why Arteb was still making OE headlights for a vehicle that was produced in their market from 1997-2002... only for five years, and over twenty years ago.

I assume EoL, if true, would apply to both the headlights and taillights.

FWIW. I'm debating what, if any, action I take on this.

I felt this deserved to be a thread of its own.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a shame if it's true. I can't say I'm too surprised, more OEM parts for these trucks are being discontinued every day. Bummer though. :(

Glad I got a few sets when the getting was good. Thanks again to you and Carlos for making it possible.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe another buy if those two things line up?

It’s rolling around in my mind…

I would like to know if EoL is a fact, but I wouldn’t be surprised if so.

Current price is driven by us buying in single pair qty (meaning they’re priced high) so, delivered to US address, one pair is around US$400-410 (assuming 5.1:1 exchange rate).

I asked Carlos last night to query the jobber on his best price for 12pr. We haven’t bought a dozen since last year and don’t have current “12pr” pricing. The last time we checked, IIRC, it was about a 20-22% less per pair (i.e. 78-80% of single pair price).

I may seriously consider a “big buy”… Carlos has space to store them, I confirmed that with him yesterday.

We’ll query the jobber for his next “break point” in the “unit price vs. quantity” curve… maybe he can do even better at 25 or 50 pairs.

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If this really is the last run and you can afford 50+ pairs, that would be a solid investment since these trucks are gaining a lot of popularity with high-end restorations. You could basically name your own price for them once they aren't available. People spending $15k on paint and body work wouldn't think twice about spending a premium on 'The Best' headlights.