Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It may be time to pi$$ or get off the pot!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any new updates to report tonight.

I will say this:

(1) I'm not trying to "shake the tree" with this thread, I'm simply reporting what I've been told. Those of you who have expressed a latent interest, "Thank You".

(2) For those who are interested, my hope would be that I can buy enough pairs to satisfy this demand (plus a few more) AND get a good price on them. As before, I will sell these as cheaply as possible; volume pricing will help greatly. But, as yet Carlos hasn't received the latest volume pricing from the jobber.

(3) Those of you who may want multiple pairs (a) the shipping costs will be notably lower per-pair, but (b) the per-pair headlight pricing will remain the same. For example, Carlos can ship two pairs for about 1.33x of what it costs to ship one pair. See (4) below for more info.

(4) I'm estimating, based on past "volume pricing", that single-pair delivered price will be in the US$330 range. Two pairs, US$630 perhaps. These are just estimates to get people thinking. Time will tell. Meanwhile, the exchange rate has dropped a bit from the 5.16:1 it was on Monday to 5.05:1 today (Wednesday), so... these are the dynamics of this whole thing. Nailing down a solid price is like trying to herd cats. Until I actually send the $$$ to Brazil and the conversion takes place (BRL for USD), I can't state a headlight price with absolute certainty.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Jvalaniz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the word on the tail lights? I know there are some threads about them, but are they still available? And circuit boards?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the word on the tail lights? I know there are some threads about them, but are they still available? And circuit boards?

Taillights were still available when I checked in August 2023 for another interested buyer; they're around US$250 delivered (pair). If "combined shipped" with headlights it would save perhaps $30 from the individual price. But the taillights still need circuit boards...

Circuit boards are difficult to find, but I have two extra pair on hand for anyone who wishes to buy a set of taillights. They aren't cheap tho at $100/pr, and that's very nearly what they cost me. Carlos had to buy them from some used auto parts seller in Argentina; he got one pair for me for my own taillights and two pair for me to have on hand in case someone else needed them. They're in my basement on shelf :waytogo:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the taillights with the circuit boards direct plug-and-play?

No, they aren’t, some accommodation has to be made to provide for the separate (Amber) turn signal. See some of the later posts in this thread…

Thread 'Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 taillights'
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/acquiring-arteb-brazil-gmt400-taillights.56890/

and here

Thread 'Wiring changes to suit ARTEB taillights'
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/wiring-changes-to-suit-arteb-taillights.63786/

Jvalaniz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am certainly interested in a pair of tail lights and circuit boards for sure