Anyone Install 6x9 In front doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds better with the 300 watt infinity speaker over my sony 75 watt speakers. When I get the doors and everything sealed up should sounds great. For now im happy. Gonna need an amp for sure though. Cablguy184 nice avatar.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought about doing some in mine but doing them in the door pockets in the front and back with sealing those pckets off all they are in my truck is a catch all anyhow

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the only reason i used buckets were to protect the speaker from water...i changed out the plastic ones for foam ones and they rub the window alittle when it goes down...make sure your window rubbbers are in good shape if you speakers go into the door cavaity, with out useing buckets...

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I aligned the driver with the 6 inch already existing hole in the metal. The speaker only goes into the actual door panel like 1.5 or so. Im going to look into sealing and keeping the water out today. I didn't cut the metal because if I wanted to go back to the 6 inch round speakers I can do so. I'll just leave the black grilles in place if I go back. My windows go up and down great compared to when I had my old 6.5's in there with a huge magnet. I had to make spacers for those with a lil duct tape.

attachment.php

Old pioneer speakers on the left. Even older walmart specials on the right.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they're the two piece kind of clips you can get them from the dealer for around 1.10 apiece. Much nicer fit than the generic ones the parts stores sell.

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah none of the ones I looked at weren't even close enough to make fit. The new clips are more thick than the ones we have.