Anyone Install 6x9 In front doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some 6x9's and bought them to put in the rear stock location with adapters or something but I have the third door and on the passanger side the speaker would hang over the hinge. I have them in boxes under the rear seat right now. I have 6.5 in my doors already but looking to change it up for the summer. Any Ideas? the truck is 98 ECSB.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might make it fit ... with alot of work to make it look good ... but then again, you might not have enough room for your windows to roll up and down correctly ...
My suggestion would be to install 6.5" drivers in there ... and you sitll need to make 3/4 trim rings for "Good" aftermarket drivers to fit and work correctly and let the windows go up and down correctly ...

How good are you with fiberglass and custom pannel work ??

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never played with the stuff, but I have heard oval speakers arent worth the time even to install on other forums. Any truth to this?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
You could make a center console and put them in the sides? Unless you have a bench seat and need the foot room.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never played with the stuff, but I have heard oval speakers arent worth the time even to install on other forums. Any truth to this?
all "Quality built" speakers can be made to sound good or great ... depending on installation skills ...
every 6x9 speaker I've heard installed correctly sounded great !!! Most internet audio forums are against them because they are not the easiest things to install ...

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are infinity speakers that I scooped from a pawn shop cheaper than any walmart 6x9 so I thought they might be a good buy since at the time I thought they would go in the rear stage but after finding out they wouldn't fit I got the cheap boxes. I have saw some 6x9 install above the rear pockets in the obs and was thinking more along that type of install since eventually i'd like to have 2 under the rear seat 10's or stretch out a 10 box to a 12 with el saw :sawzall:

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i installed them in my doors...required are 1 inch spacer mounting ...and a lot of cutting into the panel
this is before the speakers were installed...the buckets made the speaker sound better

You must be registered for see images attach

here's with the lights

You must be registered for see images attach

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, Looks like the buckets for the doors are probably the way to go. I was planning on mounting them in the door panel rather than the actual door, since the mounting depth is like 3-4 inches.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honnestly ... I'd like to see the drivers get alot more air space than that ...
I would sound deaden your entire door and seal every hole and crack possible (just like a sealed sub enclosure)

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Made it happen today.

attachment.php

Needs silicone and my doors need more plastic clips. Advance doesn't carry them.

Last edited: