Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93.gmc.sierra

Reaction score
Not bad, I have an idea from my vent but I am not going to say anything just in case it don't work lol.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I am trying to do this without losing the vents there in the middle. The Driven Nashville insert lets you keep the vents. I think they used smaller ones and that is ok with me. I am trying to have the best of both worlds with the double din and the vents. I think what they also did was cut the bottom part of the dash where the bezel clips go. Doing this could give you another 1/2 inch I believe.
You must be registered for see images attach

All you would have to do to make this look good is blend the bottom of the bezel into the dash better at the bottom.

Very easy to do...maybe even tie it in to the shape of the cup holder top to give it all a more integrated look.

Just some nice easy bevels to draw the hard edge at the bottom away.

I prefer plastic welding on these types of pieces, but fiberglass would work just as good as long as you bonded it properly.

:)

93.gmc.sierra

Reaction score
Sorry didnt get a chance to finish mine up, think ill get it done this weekend and ill post up pictures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

93.gmc.sierra

Reaction score
Need to do a little finishing work to get it more smooth around the edges, but it fits nice

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93.gmc.sierra
Did you finish the double din mod up? And what did you put in the original radio hole?

'92 Chevy C1500 stock TBI 350... For now

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I still have not started mine. The weather here has been awful.......20 straight days of rain.....so still waiting to start on my double din project. I will post pics when I start.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Probably going to buy a radio this week.....looking at double din Pioneers since I have an XM unit with them....love Pioneer. Once I get the radio I will start on the dash mod. And yes I will post pics of the whole build.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Got my radio......got a Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS. I started on the dash too and I am going to start a mockup for fiber glassing. Here are some pics of what I have done so far today. I started by cutting the dash where the loss of plastic would not be noticed and was not needed for strength.