Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out how to do a double din install on my 94 K5 Blazer for awhile now. I have seen very few pictures of people that have done this. I am trying not to cut the dash.

I would love any ideas from everyone. Thanks all.

Last edited:

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a video on YouTube recently on how to change the head unit on a 94. It looked like he had to cut stuff just to get a regular single din to fit. I know that most (if not all) of the trucks regardless of year need work and cutting to accommodate a double din.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I saw a video on YouTube recently on how to change the head unit on a 94. It looked like he had to cut stuff just to get a regular single din to fit. I know that most (if not all) of the trucks regardless of year need work and cutting to accommodate a double din.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

There is no way you will get it to fit in the stock location, it will need to go where even single dins go, in the middle of the dash, you most likely will have to delete the heater vents there.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With all the ac stuff in the middle of the dash the closest I got a a 7 inch monitor and in the stock location Ive seen a guy widen the doghouse to make it work but it looked odd to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
After dealing with my 89, I think you could get a double din in the dash pod.

But it won't be easy. You'll have to pick a head unit that will allow you to modify the case, the dash structure will require reworking inside, the HVAC controller will likey have to go somewhere else and that the dash bezel needs t be modified goes without saying.

You may possibly even have to modify the windshield side of the dash pod, but pretty sure you could get one in there.

The question is how talented and committed you are to doing it......:rolleyes:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have been working on making the dash cluster longer, extending it to over the heater vents. I go to the Pick and Pull here and have been practicing on taking out that year dash. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to move the vents if I am going to do this. I am not that good at fabricating so I am worried this might look like junk when I get done. If and when I do this I will post pictures.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
The best set up of DD I've ever. Seen in a 88-94, was the cut down and retch the dash down. Find the search and restaure show, watch the gmt 400 episode. They show a perfect way of running the DD on. These trucks.