Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Topkick dash might give you a few more options:

You must be registered for see images attach

If I'd kept my 89, I probably would've hunted one of those down myself....

Last edited:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Does the Topkick dash fit in the gmt400 trucks as simply bolting in? If it does that would certainly open up some interesting dash ideas.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Does the Topkick dash fit in the gmt400 trucks as simply bolting in? If it does that would certainly open up some interesting dash ideas.

Ya it does. We bought a semi complete topkick cab thinking it would fit on my frame but it didn't, we stripped the cab and all the mounting areas were the same

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Yup.

The right year Kodiak/Topkick trucks used the GMT400 cab....

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Ok so I live in the south Puget Sound region near Tacoma. Anyone here know where I can find a dash like this? I googled the crap out of that truck and found nothing....on ebay, craigslist, and just a simple google search.

Putting the Topkick dash in my truck would keep the character of my truck, but I am also thinking of going with a 95 or newer dash that might be easier to put a double din in.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try LKQ KC Truck Parts in Napavine they might eiather have one or be able to tell you where to get one. here is the number 360 736 3344

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
David (AKA: 88GMCTRUCK) might have a contact or two in Washington state.

Here's some links with more pics:

http://www.woodysrv.com/showcase/rv/c-series-6500-top-kick-2710

http://www.heavytruckparts.net/detailview.php?vehicle=26749&vendor=65930&store=1&searchnum=10935188

http://www.heavytruckparts.net/detailview.php?vehicle=28227&vendor=65930&store=1&searchnum=10935188

Looks like you could move the HVAC down to the lower dash area and have lots of room to put a double Din up in the binnacle (IE: dash pod) area.

You may have to use the Kodiak/Topkick gauge cluster too. Can't really tell if it's a different size than a regular gauge cluster:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Used to they made a deal that fit directly under the EQ location of the high end models. I had my kenwood CD player in the old EQ spot, and a kenwood EQ tape deck directly below it. I searched on the web and couldnt find it. It wasnt some janky piece either, real simular to the double cupholder addition that used to be a must have for the dash.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I saw once in Truckin magazine where a guy had a molded piece under the stock radio for a single din eq to fit.......it was in the dash though, not bolted onto it. I always wanted the in my 88 GMC. Then I got my 94 and was happy with the Pioneer unit I had. It was a single din but crapped out after 10 years of use. So now all the cool radios seem to be double din and thats what made me want to do a double din install.

I think what I am going to do is go to Pic and Pull which is close to me in Tacoma and buy a whole dash for $65. Then I will bring it home, mount it to my work bench and take a crack at modifying it before I wreck my own dash. This way too I can try out different ways and methods of getting to what I want. Seems the best way to go I think.