Double din that doesn’t require cutting dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Day

Reaction score
Just get a joying 9 inch single din. No cutting and you get to adjust the screen with a couple screws on the back. Also has wireless carplay. I have mine set somewhere in the middle.
You must be registered for see images attach
What is the name and model of the unit?
Does it do Android Play?

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sony makes single din radios with double din displays

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far the only option I can find is an Alpine Halo unit. It uses a single din mount and the floating screen is very adjustable. Downside is….that unit is quite pricey at $1200. There maybe be other brands with a similar set up and cheaper….? Ill spend $400-500 on a good head unit. But $1200 is a bit much for me.

I have a well cared for lower mileage 93 Blazer that I am upgrading. The rule I set for myself is NO cutting or permanent mods. The previous owner upgraded the factory speakers in the OEM location but nothing else. I plan to build a custom box for additional component speakers to tuck under the rear bench seat to help because the factory dash/rear speakers are just beyond inadequate.

For the head unit, since I want a double din unit (and not interested in the retro sound unit that mounts above the HVAC controls)- I see 2 options.
A - mount in the dash, but only if I can without cutting (or spending stupid $).
B - remove the OEM console and build my own custom console and install a double din unit inside that. This is more work, but easily removed and everything put back the way it was.

So right now I am researching Plan A before I go to plan B….
So, I was literally going to suggest this one:

This is what I put into my 1999 Suburban, fits very well (almost like it belongs), but like you said, expensive. Before this, I bought a cheaper Jensen floating unit for around $450, and I ended up throwing it into the trash. I will link to it at the bottom. Besides the awful screen quality, poor sound quality, hissing through speakers when nothing playing (hallmark of a cheap amplifier), it would routinely switch to the radio when turning the truck on, and start playing. It did not have a standby feature, so you'd have to play a different source and then pause it, to silence the radio. So instead of spending $1200, I spent almost $2k. If you're going this route, buy a quality unit. On the plus side, installing it is stupid simple. But because the system is so front heavy, and the mount is a simple plastic clip into the dash, it does shake more and rattle a bit. But the whole truck rattles anyway. I can send pics when i get my truck back from the body shop. I was rear ended a month ago.

TLDR: the Alpine Halo is the way to go if you're trying to replace it with no surgery to the dash.

Here's the link to the Jensen one:

JENSEN CAR110W 10-inch Touch Screen Single DIN Car Stereo Media Receiver | Wireless and Wired Apple CarPlay & Android Auto | Bluetooth | License Plate Style Backup Camera Included | Sirius XM Ready https://a.co/d/04qLeqE

But I'm cautioning you not to buy it unless you are ok with what I wrote about it above. But it's like $350 and it does fit as is without modifications. At least on my 1999.

Last edited: