Any one running a cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was happy with my overall improvements being that it was so cheap to built

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o ok my bad im used to other forums people always talkin shi t im glad this forum is diff

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think that mostly any performance part dont really help u with mpg in this hobby you gotta pay to play

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o ok my bad im used to other forums people always talkin shi t im glad this forum is diff

you must be from FSC hahaha. i didnt say anything about the lesser mpg because im not for sure. but i know with intake and exhaust it certaily gains mpg from stock. and that is a proven fact. and pretty sure cold air intake even increases mpg more. but thats the part im not 100% on

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nah man ive bearly joined FSC lol but im on RGVTRUCKPERFORMANCE.NET its a badass forum jus sum hating sumtimes lol

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats how every forum that i have been on is but this one. its like you said you could ask a question and people would be like dont do that dumbass. i hate forums somtimes.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think that mostly any performance part dont really help u with mpg in this hobby you gotta pay to play

This is an urban legend, especially the part about a CAI making your gas mileage worse. You can most certainly gain performace and help or increase your mpg, by doing it the right way too. Don't believe me, check out Horsepower TVs build on a 89(or so) camaro. They even did a cam swap in their build and got better mpg each and every time they increased. The first step to their build was a CAI.

I don't want to knock you or anything but, more research does go along way. I don't give out any information on a forum, nor face to face for that matter, on a subject that i don't know for sure. If anything i will say something like, i read on this "X forum" that "blah blah blah," I'm not sure about it though.

Last edited:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i knew you got gain in mpg. but i had never heard of smooth intake pipes decreasing mpg or cold air intakes being a lesser improvement. as far as i always knew cold air was the best gain same with a more open exhaust. also knew that turbos and superchargers increase you mpg belivve it or not. i know that for fact!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have only experienced this a couple of times, some of my friends have tuner cars, and they have extended their IAT sensor wiring, and moved their IAT way downstream towards their filter, this mod does net a few extra horsepower but what this does is it makes the computer think the car isn't warmed up yet, and this keeps the fuel mixture more rich, just like when you first start your car/truck. This seems to always cause them to lose a couple of mpg's. If you keep the IAT in nearly the stock position you should be fine. Of course if you have a gm product with a 5 pin MAF the IAT is built in to it.