Any one running a cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at getting some sort of air intake but i was wondering if any of them were worth it? If you have it what are you running and are you happy with it.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Either buy one of the AEM Brute Force intakes or make your own with Lowe's parts and use an AEM filter. They are cool because they don't use oil. When the filter fills up (like going off road in sand dunes) the filter just sheds off the dirt when bumped off. Try that with a K&N. Plus it cleans with soap and water. No need to buy recharge kits!

Becides, get too much oil on your filter and it sucks right through and on to the MAF which causes problems with it. I think that is what killed my first transmission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
made my own with tubing pieces and a few other cheap goodies. i will try to post pics asap. im running a k&n but still happy with it over stock! also added a throttle body spacer.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
The only thing the throttle spacer did for me was make a cool whistle on throttle loads. Sounds kinda like I have a turbo under there!

Hey 6chevy9, are you one of the ones that posted a custom setup on FSC?

Reaction score
I ran one on my 99 yukon(obs). It was a Trick Flow which is made by K&N. Same exact unit as my buddies K&N except it was $80 cheaper. I want to get one for my 97 454.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes i get the whistle with mine also it tricks everyone lol. no i dont think i have been on fsc as a member probly not me.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i'd like to see the home mad version. i've also heard the ebay intakes work fine with a different filter.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill post a pic of mine tomorrow. i already took one while i had the hood off this weekend lol.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a regular K&N in the stock box will do fine. Anything else isn't going to get you any more power it will only let water in.