answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
If it's a sticking valve the only thin I could think of is take that valve out and look it over. I've never been inside a tranny before but I understand the concept so as for instructions I got nothing. Do you have another vehicle to drive? If so let your trans guy mess with it since it's his work. If you mess wit/ break something he can't be held responsible anymore. If it's a faulty new part your best bet is to replace it. New parts can fail or not work...

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey i looked threw the main post but could not find my issue, I have a 1994 k1500 with 320,000km. Its like my transmission is stuck in drive, If i am in park, reverse, neutral or drive and i step on the gas it starts to roll forward as if its in drive, the shifter is still hooked up to the transmission. I went under and moved the selector on the side of the trans but it made no difference.

When you do try and go forward the truck is almost hitting redline before it will move slightly forward, ( it is on a hill right now but it didnt do this before). I put my t-case into neutral and then can not put it back into 2wd with the truck on in park, (like it is normally in drive), so i have to turn the truck off and do it. Does it sound like my transmission is done? and ideas or help would be great!

Reaction score
Reach TCC lockup Once warm will start slipping...

Replaced TCC still see same issue...

Line pressures good.

Shift Solenoid B starts sticking. Hun in gear.

Lots of fuzz on magnet for it to have only been driven 200 miles since rebuild.

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
I have a quick question, I am working on a 95 c1500 and removing the fuel injection and replacing with a carb. Will the trans shift okay or do I have to purchase an aftermarket control module?

Thanks for your help.

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 with 4l60e and will not hold OD and sometime slips into 3 i replaced my 3-4 clutchs a year ago could this be an electrical problem or is it time for a rebuild?

vortec powered smartphone

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
id replace all the electronic in the pan before doing a rebuild, the reason is because its so much cheaper and if it doesnt fix the problem then hey you still have brand new electronics for your rebuild, did you replace the torque converter when you replaced the clutches?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I have a quick question, I am working on a 95 c1500 and removing the fuel injection and replacing with a carb. Will the trans shift okay or do I have to purchase an aftermarket control module?

Thanks for your help.

700R4? should be fine because its electronically controlled, not like turbo350 and turbo400 which ran off of vacuum

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Hey i looked threw the main post but could not find my issue, I have a 1994 k1500 with 320,000km. Its like my transmission is stuck in drive, If i am in park, reverse, neutral or drive and i step on the gas it starts to roll forward as if its in drive, the shifter is still hooked up to the transmission. I went under and moved the selector on the side of the trans but it made no difference.

When you do try and go forward the truck is almost hitting redline before it will move slightly forward, ( it is on a hill right now but it didnt do this before). I put my t-case into neutral and then can not put it back into 2wd with the truck on in park, (like it is normally in drive), so i have to turn the truck off and do it. Does it sound like my transmission is done? and ideas or help would be great!
off of the top of my head i cant think of anything definitive that would cause that but i would look into doing a rebuild or having it rebuilt or possibly a junk tranny from the yard, sometimes you cant tell whats wrong until you take it apart

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
If it's a sticking valve the only thin I could think of is take that valve out and look it over. I've never been inside a tranny before but I understand the concept so as for instructions I got nothing. Do you have another vehicle to drive? If so let your trans guy mess with it since it's his work. If you mess wit/ break something he can't be held responsible anymore. If it's a faulty new part your best bet is to replace it. New parts can fail or not work...

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit
my only problem with letting the trans guys work on it is ive personally seen a cadillac that had the tcc lock up solenoid go out and the tranny shops in town all said the needed a rebuild, all shops are out to make money and almost everything with a tranmsission will be diagnosed as needing a rebuild