4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poorgirl87

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the seafoam transtune in their 4l60e? I am desperate! My tranny quit shifting out of the blue while cruising the interstate. Got her towed home, replaced silinoids and filter , got 1st, 2nd and reverse back beautifully. 3rd Is a no go. Last hope is this seafoam before replacing or rebuilding.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the seafoam transtune in their 4l60e? I am desperate! My tranny quit shifting out of the blue while cruising the interstate. Got her towed home, replaced silinoids and filter , got 1st, 2nd and reverse back beautifully. 3rd Is a no go. Last hope is this seafoam before replacing or rebuilding.
Unfortunately, your 3-4 pack is shot, no amount of seafoam or other bottle-based products will fix your issue.

You can unplug the large round connector on the passenger side of the trans, start it up and see if it moves. You'll be in 3rd gear when you do this. If it moves, there may be some life left but if not, it's done.

Yank it out for overhaul or replacement.