Another lighting thread. Can't find one pic I'm looking for.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've decided I want to replace my headlights(eventually my tailights) with new ones.

I've been scouting all of the threads and pics of trucks to see what I like. I'm torn on what which set to get. I'm leaning towards the "black" option, but I generally don't love smoked/dark lenses, which has me hung up. I'm looking for someone that has the black LED parking lights and a pic. I've seen a few pics with the chrome ones. My truck is a white 98 Silverado ext cab with the two tone tan lower panel. I don't know if I'm on board with either set of corner lights, so I will likely keep my stockers. I also think I'm going to convert to a form of the 4 corner mod with a little bit of a twist. On my car, when I flip the signal on, there is an additional side light that turns on to illuminate the ground to the side of whichever signal is on. I actually really like that feature. So I may work on that at some point.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, because of my tint, I really hate backing up at night. I feel like better reverse lights will help. I would love it if there was an option for lights that I could mount to the sides of my hitch. Another thought I had was to actually cut a couple of holes in my bumper and mount some flush mount lights in them. The other option would be to take a slim housing and just mount it to the bottom of my hitch. Any ideas or help here is appreciated.

I know that my hitch looks like poo. I've actually removed it cleaned it off and repainted it, but this was the best pic I had of it and it is from before I did that. I also need to replace my bumper. That will happen shortly as well. I'm pissed off because I backed into a stupid pole at the nations smallest Maverik parking lot. If I try to flush mount some reverse lights, I would likely practice on this bumper before cutting into a new $175 one.

Thanks in advance for input.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Reverse light problems? :gr_grin:

Richard

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep,
That's what I'm looking for. I mean, it may not need to be quite that intense. :) I just back into my driveway and I need better light.

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive seen a lot of people around here use fog lights as aux back up lights, just mounted right up under the bumper...

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce Banner! :)

Those are the chrome ones right?!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce Banner! :)

Those are the chrome ones right?!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Yes.... And I like them... With chrome parts on the Truck I think they look best.. Now if yours is blacked out smoke may look better.... But that's just my opinion

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I would just like to see a pic of someone that has them. Generally I think I like chrome, but these black ones are intriguing me.

Sent from my SPH-I800 using Tapatalk

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone with the black LED parking light housings?

Sent from my SPH-I800 using Tapatalk