Another lighting thread. Can't find one pic I'm looking for.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
BadBowtie 98's truck:

You must be registered for see images

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Really having a tough time with this. White w chrome grill. I decided I wanted the dark set. Ordered them. Hopefully I'm happy with how it turns out.

As mentioned before, I will probably keep the yellow corner lights.

Sent from my SPH-I800 using Tapatalk

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post a pic if you dont mind once you get them. I am going through the same dilema as you.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds good. I will definitely post some pics when I get them installed. Even when I was able to find some pics of a white truck, most of them had a very different grill or grill color. My grill is the Chevy chrome grill. Now just need to figure out what to do about reverse lights. I'm really considering cutting a 3 or 4" hole on both sides and then putting in a flushmount light. Run them off of a relay switched by the reverse lights. Or I suppose I could put a manual switch on them. IDK yet.

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
These are what I was thinking about for reverse lights.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/291060411716

Depending on if you would only use them for back up lights, spots would be OK but you might want to consider floods. Floods are nicer if you end up needing the light for other things as you have a wider area lit up. I used to haul a lot of mulch and it was nice having the light in the evenings. Real handy when launching or retrieving a boat !!

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess you'd have to have a switch for that instead of tied to the reverse lights. Can't just leave it in reverse. :) I suppose the other thing is that you don't need them all of the time when reversing, just at night or in some low light situations.

Sent from my SPH-I800 using Tapatalk

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
Using incandescent sealed beams I didn't want to pull that kind of amperage through the neutral safety switch and the stock wiring. I grabbed an un-switched power lead out of the fuse box (fused) and installed a lighted toggle switch in the upper left edge of the removable panel under the steering column. Ran a heavy wire back to the bumper tie wrapped to the brake / fuel lines. Nice thing with LEDs is you don't have to have that big a wire as they don't draw as many amps and if you only tie into the reverse lights you really have it easy. You could also do both if you use a relay in the rear. I modified my tail lights to use the white backup lights as an extra tail light by adding a red LED and splicing the lead to the tail lights.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Mine use 2 relays, they come on when the cargo light is on, or when its in reverse.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Never had anyone say anything about obstruction of tag or anything. I was afraid if i cut my bumper, it would rust on the edges and leave big rust streaks down the chrome. If i had mounted them under the bumper, they would be torn off by now.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing the double relay so they come in with reverse and the cargo light is a good idea. I hadn't really considered that, but I like it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk