Am I missing something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
So i cooked my 94 k1500s 4L60e, I pulled it out and got it rebuilt. I decided to run new cooler lines and go directly to a new aux cooler, a B&M one like in the sticky section. So i got my cooler lines, and new fittings. But the quick connect ends on the lines will not fit into the cooler fittings. I contacted dorman and they say i have the correct fittings for my lines, but it will not fit. And yes i removed the clip from the fitting

Here are some pictures
You must be registered for see images attach

In the first picture, that is as far as it will go into the fitting, pretty much not at all, i tried pushing hard but no luck.

Thanks!

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone? Im gonna try and get some gm fitting tomorrow and see if they work

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nut on the fitting is actually a par of it, i think its just to put a fitting into a cooler with a socket or wrench.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome thank you! If the acdelco ones dont fit ill be doing that. Great pictures!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i just cut the ends off the lines and ran rubber trans cooler hose to my aux cooler in my 94. I have the fluid flowing through the rad, then aux cooler, then back to trans.

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have the acdelco fittings coming in for tomorrow, i am going to check if they fit before i buy them because they are over $40 a fitting...:pp: But if they fit it saves me a lot of time and trouble, cause i need my truck back. And if they dont, ill be trying some of the things suggested here.

Jurt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the acdelco fittings, and they fit. Just a warning that dorman 800-603 DO NOT FIT the lines for our trucks, but acdelco 15718023 does. They are supposed to be the same part but as you can see here they are not, the dorman is much smaller.

Where the cone shape flares out on the line the dorman isnt big enough,
Thanks for everyones input, hopefully this will save someone else some trouble.