Aftermarket exhaust install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm looking to get an aftermarket setup for the exhaust on my truck. I wanna put long tubes on, but I'm not sure I'll have enough money for LTs and the full exhaust by the time the truck goes in.

So my first question is, if I get true duals done, headers back, can I go back and get them to cut & weld to match the long tubes?

Second. Will I need a tune after this? It's a '94 TBI 350 with the ultimate TBI mods done. If so, who should I talk to about getting a chip for it?

Third. I DO NOT WANT IT TO SOUND POPPY. I don't want it to sound like its popping at full throttle. I know you can't get the sound of a modern V8 with an exhaust out of these old 350s, but I want a deep and rumbly sound. Is there any recommendations for mufflers for what I'm looking for?

Thanks guys!

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm looking to get an aftermarket setup for the exhaust on my truck. I wanna put long tubes on, but I'm not sure I'll have enough money for LTs and the full exhaust by the time the truck goes in.

So my first question is, if I get true duals done, headers back, can I go back and get them to cut & weld to match the long tubes?

Second. Will I need a tune after this? It's a '94 TBI 350 with the ultimate TBI mods done. If so, who should I talk to about getting a chip for it?

Third. I DO NOT WANT IT TO SOUND POPPY. I don't want it to sound like its popping at full throttle. I know you can't get the sound of a modern V8 with an exhaust out of these old 350s, but I want a deep and rumbly sound. Is there any recommendations for mufflers for what I'm looking for?

Thanks guys!

1.) Yes
2.) No
3.) Spintec, flowmaster. My advice youtube mufflers on our trucks, then get what you want.

Sent from Robland

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flowmaster? I thought they sounded poppy. I've got a buddy with a 2009 5.3L with Magnaflows and it sounds exactly how I'd want mine to sound... but I've been reading that Magnaflows sound poppy on these trucks. Kinda like glasspacks. And thats not what I want.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Flowmaster? I thought they sounded poppy. I've got a buddy with a 2009 5.3L with Magnaflows and it sounds exactly how I'd want mine to sound... but I've been reading that Magnaflows sound poppy on these trucks. Kinda like glasspacks. And thats not what I want.

YouTube it!

Sent from Robland

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score

I have a 95 with CFM TBI spacer, injector pod spacer and V6 air tube (haven't gotten around to the Ultimate TBI mods yet LOL!). I run a single 3" with Spintech 3000 on it and it sounds nice and deep rumble, no popping or anything. I am going to attempt to make a video for another member who asked so once I get a chance I can link it here too if you want.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

magnapacks are glasspacks, magnaflow large body mufflers will probably have the sound you want.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a spintech and couldn't be happier unless I can find a decent priced Corsa.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Spintech is the way to go imo! From the videos I've watched on youtube, they helped me decide on them. GThe only Flowmasters that really pop are the ones louder than the 40 series. Super 10 pop terribly imo. I was dead set on flow 40 until I found out the drone is terrible and Spntechs have better flow without the drone.
Here's what I want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAu9P6oxkPg

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Spintech is the way to go imo! From the videos I've watched on youtube, they helped me decide on them. GThe only Flowmasters that really pop are the ones louder than the 40 series. Super 10 pop terribly imo. I was dead set on flow 40 until I found out the drone is terrible and Spntechs have better flow without the drone.
Here's what I want.

This is very similar to what mine sounds like. I do agree that the flowmasters do drone something terrible. The Spintech really doesn't drone at all IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Here's what I want.

:waytogo: