Ability and Pros/Cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All EFI means is Electronic Fuel Injection. Which in a nutshell is pretty much anything that's "computer" controlled and not carbureted (gas engines, anyways). So TBI, MPFI, TPI, SPFI, and all the other I's are EFI.
Any recommendation on fuel rail conversion kits (like the ones I posted) to consider?

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Personally I'd do the Edelbrock kit if I had to choose. BUT. If your ultimate goal is a big block, the money is better spent there

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm not 100% on any of my plans. I know I want to get rid of the friggin' spider injector, but I dont know what kit to use. I eventually want to convert to 4WD via SAS, I just dont know how I'll get the money. But right now, I cant do anything major to the truck because it's not my money going into it, so I can only do minor upgrades like upgraded spider. I'm thinking of talking her into letting me get the LS7 lifters, or will those by themselves not increase anything?
As for a 454, I can probably pull one from a junk yard piece by piece, but the money still isnt available.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Just fix what you have. The lifters won't make a difference. I have restored many classics, and completed many, many simple-sometimes unconventional-projects. The best thing to do with a daily driver is keep it running and gather your parts for what you want to do. Take your time, find the best deals and do your research, sometimes stuff will just fall in your lap if you're patient.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look at the marine vortec intake there set up like the newer intakes with the injectors on the outside plus the intake flows alot better.. good luck finding one lol..

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To convert to carb all you need is a new intake, a Holley carb, the Holley tps, a fuel regulator to get the fuel pressure down, and a few other things that I can't remember. It is a lot easier than everyone says. There is a write up on gmfullsize I think

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
To convert to carb all you need is a new intake, a Holley carb, the Holley tps, a fuel regulator to get the fuel pressure down, and a few other things that I can't remember. It is a lot easier than everyone says. There is a write up on gmfullsize I think

True it's not difficult, but the point for him is saving money. By the time he purchased all of that (which I assume he doesn't have, since his OP says the parts are coming from a '71 Nova), he would have spent less just fixing what he has

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
look at the marine vortec intake there set up like the newer intakes with the injectors on the outside plus the intake flows alot better.. good luck finding one lol..

That's what I was trying to get at before, but like you said, good luck finding one!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was trying to get at before, but like you said, good luck finding one!
For the time being I'm just going to upgrade the spiders and throttle body (I just saw it in your mod thread/ just noticed that it was yours).