Questions On L31 Vortec Upgrade in 1996 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TStowell

Reaction score
Hi any help is appreciated just looking for some help
1) If im upgrading the intake manifold for the L31 do i have to switch to an efi system or carbureted or if there is just an upgraded higher flowing intake manifold whats a recommendation.

2) Does anyone have any good recommendations for cams and heads ive seen a lot and know what specs im looking ford just curious as to what people recommend.

3) Are there any other mods that you recommend my trucks lowered and im just looking for it to be fun street truck around 350 rwhp if possible.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Vortec manifold and MPFI upgrade injectors will support more power than the stock heads will.

350 whp is a tall order for a 350 in a powerband that will be streetable for a heavy truck. Even a 6.0 or 6.2L LS becomes a dog on the low-end with enough cam to get it to 350 whp.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I'm worried about what do you think is a good target to shoot for?
300-320 is obtainable keeping the 350 bottom end and vortec heads. Beyond that build a forged 383, put good aluminum heads on it, and if you really want to make power change the intake manifold and turbo it.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vortec Blazer did a solid build. He used the Marine manifold but truth be known he would have made the same power with the stock truck manifold and some porting to it. The stock truck manifold and marine manifold both need porting. His made ~310 rwhp.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lbeninger

Reaction score
I've been looking for one of those intakes.......... I might try and source a ram jet intake instead.
You must be registered for see images attach